This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Some Monsters Are Human
He moved out of the way and told her how cold it was outside. Aria tried not to growl as she walked passed him. She wanted to be angry, but she thought better of it. He didn't deserve her ire, she was mad at herself, mad at letting herself fall into her darkness.

Aria lead the girl through the labyrinth and pulled the girl past the door that the man hung in the darkness. The fear and the anticipation cut through the air as if it were really there. She was thankful that there was no light in the horrid room.

It did not feel right without her sword, but she'd manage, she had another at home to use for now. He'd better keep his word! She had no way of getting it back. The loss of the sword stung.

The red head girl clung to Aria's hand and Aria navigated the best she could. The room she'd first entered was a sight for sore eyes. Aria saw the stairs upstairs and went for them. The girl hesitated. "It's okay."
Aria took the gun from behind her back and handed it to the girl. She didn't take the safety off, there was no one upstairs. "Here. You have the control of your defense now."

The girl took the gun with hesitation. Aria smiled. "We'll be fine. Clothes first and then we'll leave."

The girls started pulling out of Aria's hand. "I know. Stop, we'll figure it out. I promise. This is safer.

She stopped pulling and Aria was thankful. She drew her dagger and walked slowly through the house looking for a bedroom with clothes. Aria sighed, the place was disgusting.

They found a clothes and the girl started panting. Aria pulled off her gloves and tucked them in her coat pocket. She touched the girl's arm and sent her calm. Aria focused on the strength and memories of Lucas. And gave them to the girl. "You can have mine."

The girl nodded and Aria took her clothes off, handing them to the red head. And the folded up mass of cloth and sighed. It could be worse Aria pulled on the clothes, they were too big. The red head wasn't smiling but she felt happier. Aria didn't blame her. There were a pair of boots by the door. Aria hesitated. "You can wear those?"

She sighed but she nodded and put them on. Aria nodded and then gave the girl her coat, but she took her wallet from its pocket. She grabbed a large flannel coat from the rack near the door and slipped it on.

"Come on, let's go. When we are away, I'll see if I can get us a ride back to town."

Aria and the girl walked for about ten minutes in the direction Aria had come. The night seemed even more oppressive than before. The only sound was that of nature and Aria didn't like the quiet. When the girl spoke softly. "My name is Mya."

Aria smiled. "Aria."
Aria started flipping through the contacts in her wallet. She prayed Lucas would answer. "Hopefully he'll answer."
Aria dialed his number.

continued in What Comes After A Fall

Edited by Aria, Nov 20 2014, 11:26 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2014, 12:05 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2014, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-11-2014, 08:26 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-11-2014, 10:24 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-12-2014, 05:40 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-12-2014, 10:06 AM