This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What Comes After A Fall
Aria felt Lucas coming but didn't look around for him, she knew he was standing beside her before he spoke, "You okay?"

Aria nodded, and then looked up at him. His bright blue eyes watching her, she smiled up at him and stood up, she still had to look up at him, but that was usual. "I'll be better once we are away from Sonja."

He frowned and tilted his head. "How'd...how do you know Sonja?"

Aria frowned, she'd said too much, "If you are done here, I can tell you on the way back to my apartment. Nox called, apparently someone else needs my help today."
She looked up to the heavens and frowned, "Seems God wants me to complete my penance quickly, or He thinks I won't do it myself."

Lucas' frown remained and he didn't move. "How do you know Sonja?"
he asked again. It seemed important to him.

Aria sighed and closed her eyes and leaned against the wall. "Sonja is the 'bastard' daughter of Father Stone, my direct superior. I've been tracking her for some time. She's a junkie, I follow her around for the emotions she gives off."
Aria didn't want to tell Lucas the full depravity of her actions, or the fact that the first time she'd come looking for the girl she had every intention of killing her. She didn't want to tell Lucas of her specialness either, the fact that she was a Father's daughter was reason enough for her to be a street kid.

He frowned and she felt the momentary turmoil in his emotion. But he sighed and it seemed he relaxed a bit. "Yeah, I'll go with you."

Aria was relieved and started towards the metro station closest to them. She sighed, she was afraid if she said more he'd walk away from her. He had no understanding of what her issue was, why she needed this help. She grateful for it, but she was a bit angry at the fact it was a constant judgement, worry over what he'd do. The walk to the metro was done in silence, Aria was lost in her thoughts, she tried to avoid people the best she could, her sense were raw, and she really didn't want to help Nox's friend right now, she wanted to lay down in the claw footed bath tub and drown away the world for a few hours.

Once they got to the station she spoke again. "Father Stone doesn't like me. He's a rather archaic mind when it comes to disciplining me. I was angry the first time I went after Sonja. She's intoxicating, I can't do that right now I'll lose myself."
It was a half truth.

She felt compassion coming from him and turned and saw it in his eyes. She smiled at him. She took a deep breath. "I have no idea what to expect from Nox's friend, other than that she needs a place to crash."
Crashing at her place was going to be difficult, but she'd see how it went, and how long the woman needed to stay with her. Why did Nox call, but she was glad he did, she needed to talk to him. There was one thing that she realized from the whole thing, she needed someone with her, backup, a friend, someone to help pull her out, and keep her out of the dark places of her head. He had one secret, she held his, maybe it could work. He was the best candidate, and he was a good hunter.

The train arrived and they got on. It was a straight shot to the Enlightened District. Aria wondered if Nox eta al were at her place yet. She still had the journals open on the coffee table. That would not be a good thing for anyone to find.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM