This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What Comes After A Fall
They walked and walked, and Aria could feel the world eating away at her, as the hours drew on and the world was alive and well. They got farther and farther into neighborhoods that Aria was glad for the gun at her back and the sword at her hip. She could feel the hatred, the longing, the loss of hope as she followed Mya's trail. She was still in pain, was still afraid, and now she was cold. Everyone around was cold.

But that wasn't the worst of it, Lucas' memories invoked feelings, and since he was so close it was almost like she was touching him, it hurt to know he'd had a shit lot in life. He was a good man, and probably just as good a kid. She wanted to hold his hand and let him know life was better now, but the thought of touching him made Aria stay away.

She could feel the druggies coming down from their highs, the withdrawal symptoms at varying stages. She wanted to stop and just let their pain take her away from the world, to let it all go. But she kept walking, kept focusing on Mya.

Lucas indicated a vet's office, where Mya could have gone, Aria narrowed her senses and found something she'd not expected, a girl whom she knew by the sense of her symptoms, the pain, the fear, the withdrawal symptoms shook her body, but she was helping her friend. They weren't in the office, but that direction. Aria stopped in her tracks, she stood and stared at the building. "I can't go there. Mya's there but I can't go."

She didn't have time to explain, she closed herself off pulled her self back in, Aria crouched down on the sidewalk and huddled to herself trying to find the calm of the bubble but it eluded her, it slipped away, too much was there. Aria leaned against the wall and pulled out a candle and the zippo lighter. She looked up at Lucas and saw the concern on his face. She smiled weakly at him. "Go help Mya I'll be fine."
Lucas looked at her for a moment then nodded. He left and Aria looked back down and took off a glove so she could light the candle.

Aria put the zippo back in her pocket with her removed glove and started at the single flame. It took the basic training to get herself in check to pull herself into the emotionless bubble that helped keep her safe. It was the only solution she could do right now, she'd prefer to drown in a cold tub of water at this particular moment, but you did what you had to do.

Aria pushed all her emotions into the flame that was before her, she imagined they were wisps of paper that burnt away, leaving nothing but ash and then finally nothingness. Aria blew out the candle and leaned her head against the wall and sighed. It wasn't gone, but it was better, she could still feel Mya and Lucas, and Father' Stone's daughter coming down from her latest high, but it didn't hurt as bad anymore.

Aria leaned against the way taking deep breaths and keeping things in check. She could feel Lucas walking towards them, his emotions where unique to him, as were everyone else's, she could find him anywhere too. All she had to do is know where to start looking first, someplace his emotions were strongest. His shop would be a good place to start, but there was a lot of other peoples emotions there too, though Lucas' she was connected to. She could find him. She sighed and focused only on him.

The phone rang, and Aria nearly jumped out of her skin. It was rare her phone actually rang. She fumbled for it and quickly answered it on the fourth ring. "Yeah, Nox? I'm kinda busy."

"Aria, favor to ask. Got a friend, she needs a place to stay for a little while. Her car got stolen. Figure since you aren't home at nights, she could crash there."

Aria looked up to the cloudy sky and mumbled to herself. "Seriously, two in a row?"
Aria was cold and distant, the void of emotions keeping her annoyance at bay. "Sure, why not. Bring her to my place. I'm not home. There is a key under the mat if I'm not there. Put it back. And make yourselves at home. I'll be there when I can."

"We'll there as soon as we get things situated here."

Aria nodded not that he could see it. She hung up the phone and stood up. Her knees were starting to tire from the position she was in. At least God made it easy to fulfill her penance. First Mya and now Nox's friend. Aria wondered how much more emotional crap she could take.

Aria leaned against the wall her eyes closed while she waited for Lucas.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM