This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What Comes After A Fall
Aria drew a bath, soaking her aches and pains would be good. The water was warm by the time if filled enough to actually get and do much of anything. She was small, the tub however was not, it was long enough for a six foot tall man to lie down in. The tub was her favorite thing in the whole apartment, it was why she rented it in the first place. Aria laid down in the water and wanted to drown in it's depths, but there were two draw backs. The first being the hardest part, the water wasn't full enough yet, the second was she didn't want to stop feeling what Lucas did while he processed the information she'd just told him.

By the time he came to the door Aria was trying to wash her hair to get the blood and gunk out from the blow to the head. She could feel the damage with her fingers. She would definitely need stitches. Aria wondered if Lucas could do it. She didn't want to go down to HQ, not right now. He apologized, for what? Aria frowned, he felt sorry for her. For what she was? what did did? Aria sighed. "You can come in. I'll need help to mend the wound at the back of my head anyway. You might as well help while I finish up."

Aria waited for Lucas to come in. She didn't bother covering up but she did pull her knees up to her body, it was almost reflex. She didn't look up at him as she ran her fingers through her hair, trying to find the start and stopping points of the wound. It still bled as she pulled at her hair, her fingers were spotted with red, she sighed again. "What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything."
She turned to look up at him as he watched her. "You are the reason I'm not as bad off as I could be. You shouldn't apologize for what is out of your control."
She tilted her head down and moved her hair so he could see the wound. "Do you think you could manage a stitch or two so I don't have to go to the medic?"
Aria turned so that her back was to the door where Lucas stood. "I know this is a lot to take in. I can't answer everything but I can try."

"Yeah,"
he said quietly. It didn't really register with him that she wore nothing. He knew, but wasn't in that place. He went and got the kit and after fumbling with it, got the stitches and came back. He'd never really done this before but it didn't seem like rocket science.

He cleaned the wound and then, grimacing- poking someone in the head with a needle was not something you do everyday- he said, "Here goes"
and started in.

She didn't even move. Again he was struck with how tough she was, the things she took in stride. After a few minutes, he was done. "You ok?"
His eyes ran over her back. She saw the scar on her shoulder. It was mostly healed. A cut on that arm, looking like it was burned, also partly healed. A massive black and blue patch on her ribs. He touched them tenderly. Her body wore the scars of her 'job'.

An animalistic rage filled him, rage at those who would do this to her, those who would throw her into this from childhood, at the unfairness of it all. She wouldn't understand. Her words had made it clear. But he grieved for her, for what might have been, for that lost little girl having to learn about the horror and knowing that she was going to have to face it. For her lonely, sad life.

He felt protective over her, something this girl should have known. Maybe it was because nobody had protected him either that this cut him so deeply. He just wanted to care for her. How, he didn't know. He sighed. "You ok?"

Lucas was nervous with doing the stitches, she held still, it wasn't the first time, and it wouldn't be the last time she'd have done this, she's stitched herself up if she could have, but this just wasn't something she could do. Aria focused on the small pricks of pain and the feeling of the thread through the skin, it was an unusual sensation, but nothing that was new. She focused on that until Lucas was filled with anger.

She closed her eyes, anger was not one that pulled as strongly as fear and pain, but it was red hot behind her. His fingers deftly continuing their task. Touching her bruised side, made Aria writhe under his touch, and not for the normal reaction. His anger, the fear and the sadness stabbed her. It was almost like a jolt of electricity through her body. But through it all was his need to protect her.

Aria frowned "Sorry. Yes. I'm okay."
Aria turned her head to look back at Lucas, she knew he wasn't exactly done yet but she had to see his face, let him know she wasn't angry. "Please don't get angry. I can't keep your touch from overwhelming me like this."
She blushed softly and turned to look forward again. "And I don't want you to be afraid to touch me, you still have to finish."
It was a logical excuse, but Aria knew that it held more than that in it. The attraction to Lucas was always there.

Aria swallowed hard, she wanted to change the topic. "Are you okay? When you got to us you didn't feel like yourself."
She smiled. "Not happy like usual."

He frowned and tried to calm. He didn't want to hurt her or add to her burden. "Sorry.

Earlier...what to tell her. The truth, he supposed. "I met your father tonight. Or at least that's what he said. He could....do the same thing you could."
He could still feel the pain and despair from earlier. He should be ashamed for having drank, but he knew it had not been him. At least, not fully. He clung to that thought. It was something. Two years clean and sober. He had slipped but it hadn't been his fault. He needed to believe that.

"He made me feel things. Bad things. I slipped up. I don't know why he did that to me, played me like that. He told me to tell you he was coming for you."
He didn't understand what all of that meant. He didn't like it though.

Guilt still gnawed at him, now that he was thinking about it. Two years down the drain. Two years. He fought the thought but it was hard.

He what? Aria turned in flurry, thankfully Lucas wasn't trying to jab her as she turned to look him in the eye. Fury was a light word compared to what she felt. At the edges of the anger was guilt, but it was lost to the igniting fire inside that her father had touched Lucas, much less made him sink.

And then the guilt took over as he uttered five little words, "he was coming for you." Aria sank into the tub, to get away from everything. Giordano had used Lucas to get to her. The world was peaceful under the water, no one bombarded her with their emotions. But her's churned inside.

Her breath was giving out and she popped up, knowing it had to worry Lucas, she pulled the bubble around her. Her voice was quiet and distant, "I'm sorry my father came at you to get at me."
Aria pulled the plug to the tub, she had to get out, get dressed, do something other than sit and stew in her anger. Aria grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body, tucking it in so it wouldn't fall when she moved. "My father has tried to kill me in the past."
She frowned, "Incidentally, you helped me through that too. You took me to Mass afterwards. He shot me that day. I could have killed him."
Aria shook her head. "I should have killed him."
The fury was starting to rise again.

She knelt down next to Lucas. "I'm sorry my father did this to you because of me."
A tear slide down her cheek, she put her forehead against his. "I'm sorry he got you involved in my life more than you already are."
Aria vowed in her head, "I will kill him for this."

He was tired. Just so very tired. He stood up lifting her up as well. He pulled her to him, as much for himself as for her. Her own father trying to kill her. A job with people who treated her as if she were nothing. His heart broke for her. This woman deserved to be loved. He felt tenderly toward her, so small in his arms. He whispered, "Let's get some rest."
With his arm around her, he walked into the other room and then looked down at her. "It'll be ok Aria. Somehow."
He wasn't sure how.

Her first thought was "Yeah, once I kill the bastard," but she didn't voice it. He was worried about her though, her life was dangerous. And here he was getting dragged in because someone wanted to get at her. She looked up into his beautiful blue eyes, she smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She dropped the bubble that held the world at bay and put her head against his chest. "My life isn't going to get any less dangerous, and people, will likely want to hurt me again."
She looked up at him and smiled again. She knew that with godlings becoming more and more prevalent that there were going to be more and more action taken against those of her brethren, by more and more godlings that survive their actions. Aria hated it, hated killing them. Couldn't they see not everyone was bad. Nox wasn't bad, he was one of them, Michael had saved her, Jensen and Giovanni had helped kill a monster. The Atharim were choosing the wrong war to fight. "It's not going to get any easier to be my friend."

"Well I'm still your friend.
He felt more than that, really. What it was, he wasn't sure. This whole evening was confusing. He was an emotional wreck, really. He needed sleep. He gave her a hug- the towel was damp and she was cold- and he kissed her on the forehead, then let go. "Let's get some rest, ok? Get something warm on and get somes sleep."
He'd take the couch. Aria would probably take the bed with the sleeping girl. They still had to deal with her too.

But for no, for now, he was just tired. He couldn't think anymore.

Aria smiled and it helped, but sleep, yeah she didn't think that was going to happen. But he looked so tired. Aria didn't say anything. Aria got dressed quickly. Aria pulled an over-sized t-shirt and panties on and she could feel Lucas' eyes on her, she smiled as he admired but his emotions still were all over the place . She wasn't exactly sure how sleep was going to work. Mya was radiating her dreams, they weren't overpowering but still too much for Aria. And there just wasn't room with Lucas, which was sad.

Aria sighed and looked from the bed to Lucas and frowned. "I can't sleep near her. She's still afraid, her dreams while dim still are afraid."

He looked at the couch. "There's enough room I think."

Aria wasn't sure, he was emotional too. But of the two options, that was the best and sleeping on the floor was probably not a good idea with the bruised ribs. Aria nodded her assent. "I don't know how much sleep we'll get but we can try."

Aria wasn't shy, but this seemed like she should be, but she was tired and it wasn't the first time Lucas had spent the night. Aria grabbed an extra blanket from the closet then she sat down next to him and they laid down, his arms wrapped around her. Her heart raced, and just let herself be absorbed by him, there was nothing but him, and she drifted off to sleep, the only emotions registering were his, it was almost quiet.

Edited by Aria, Dec 1 2014, 02:34 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM