This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What Comes After A Fall
Lucas lead her away from the bed, to the couch, she could feel everything he did, but the concern and the fear and everything amplified at the one innocent touch. It was like it was part of her. It had been a while since that had happened to her, the overwhelming power of other emotions at their touch. It was just too much after what she had gone through, what Mya had gone through and the other girls who had occupied those dungeon rooms. All dead save one. Aria fought the urge to pull free from Lucas' hands, to free herself from his emotions, from herself. She wanted to hide. But Lucas deserved an explanation, she wanted to tell him, she wanted to tell him everything, but that was not likely to happen, he'd never believe her, and she didn't want him to run away in fear either.

He asked a lot of questions, Aria wasn't exactly sure where to start as he cleaned the wounds on her wrists. They weren't that bad, her gloves had saved most of her skin, and she'd done worse to herself over the years. But never enough to actually die from them. The fine lines she'd cut into her skin were pretty much undetectable now, it'd been years since she'd last cut herself.

All the questions he asked boiled down pretty much to the same one. Why was she hunting the butcher? The answer wasn't so simple. She didn't look up at him, didn't want to see his reaction to her words, Aria watched as he dabbed gently at the cuts on her wrist. "I hunt monsters for a living. Not serial killers of the human variety. The ones you'd never think to believe, my journal has details of things I've hunted, of others I learned about. My superior was getting frustrated at my lack of reports, as my ultimate mission is something that requires a bit more research I'd not been hunting. So I found something that looked like it could use my help. The butcher's MO is similar to a rougarous, the girls being murdered though, not exactly fit, but sometimes they don't care. I followed his trail to his home. He was distinct in his emotions, it wasn't difficult. I got there. I felt him, and I knew he was human. I should have left. But I didn't. I felt her. I let my own darkness' take precedence over my own safety. I don't know the girls, don't know Mya. I was hunting a monster, but instead, I found a man who ate girls for dinner after he brutally raped and tortured them. I watched what he did on the screen in a room he put me in. I felt their pain, their horror. I felt the utter lack of hope, the desire to die. It took everything I have."
Aria looked up at Lucas, into his beautiful blue eyes. "Everything you showed me to come out of it. And I know I'll dream about it for months."

Aria stood up and smiled that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I think I need to clean up before you can actually look at the cut on the back of my head."
Aria grabbed a clean shirt and shorts from her drawer and pulled the shirt over her head as she walked to the bathroom. She turned on the water and let it get warm. Aria caught a glimpse of herself in her mirror and sighed. The butt of the gun left a bruise just at her rib cage, it was black and blue around it. She touched it lightly and knew she probably had a busted rib, probably the reason it hurt to move so much. The gun shot wound in her left shoulder and the half healed cauterized cut on her shoulder stared back at her took. More questions that would likely have to be answered. But this was her life. She glanced back to Lucas and wondered about life.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM