This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What Comes After A Fall
No one with in immediate vicinity was doing well this night. Mya's pain and fear and paranoia were paramount. Lucas wasn't quite himself, not that she knew him that well, but he seemed much less happy, was really the only way to describe it. And she wanted to curl up and hid in the pain. To burrow into it and keep it close. Which she knew was not a good idea, she could feel the desires it invoked just at the edge of her emotions. It was there, looking for a way in, like a monster creeping before it tries to scare you.

Lucas asked what happened as she was lying Mya down. There was little Aria could do for Mya, her cuts were healing, the bruises would heal. She needed a doctor, and Aria didn't see anything to stitch up that didn't require reopening a wound that was already healing well on it's own. She sighed as she pulled up the covers over Mya and then opened the top drawer by her bed to get the first aid kit. Aria was grinning at the memory when she turned around. It was a good memory, though she was pretty sure it had given Lucas a different view of her.

Aria placed the first aid kit on the small table he'd drawn her tattoo at, "Long or short version?"

"Long."
Aria nodded.

"I went hunting, and found a little more than I could handle."
Aria went to the coffee table and picked up her journal. She filled to the page she'd recently written on rougarou. She sat it on the table with the page open. She looked up at Lucas. "This is what I was hunting. Or so I thought. Turned out the serial killer was just a man. A sick man who deserves..."
Aria pushed away the thoughts, now that she was safe and away, those thoughts were where the darkness was. She didn't want to go there, not even if the man deserved it. He was just a man, a monster, but he was human, not even a godling, just a man. Aria would not hurt another human. Aria took a deep breath and smiled at Lucas. "I was drawn in by her fear, her pain. I didn't know what I'd find. I was so caught up in her, that I didn't know he was there. He hit me over the head and took me into his little dungeon. If someone hadn't followed me. I still don't know why he did, but I'm glad he did. He saved her. Saved me, and said he'd never do it to anyone else again. At that point, I was pretty far gone. The pain and fear and the suffering that lingers in the room I was in was too much. I could see myself doing things I didn't want to do."

Aria started working on the minor cuts for Mya, and bandaged them up, she rested, slept through most of it. She looked over at Lucas. She wasn't exactly sure how he'd react to things, but she worked on Mya and listened to Lucas' feelings, not so much to know him, but so that she wouldn't fall into the darkness, into the pain and fear of her own self, of this girl and the actions she wished to take.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 11-25-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM