This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Alcoholics Anonymous
Lucas sat in the meeting. He felt pretty good this evening. It was the tail end of winter and the days had already started getting noticeably longer. It had a been a good day.

When it was his turn, Lucas introduced himself and mentioned how long it had been since he'd used. Three weeks and two days. He explained only briefly. The looks he saw were empathetic and he took comfort from them. He didn't beat himself up about it. He wouldn't let himself. That had been a...unique situation. He didn't think people manipulating his emotions could be laid squarely at his feet. So while he was honest, he clung to his belief that had he not been manipulated, this wouldn't have happened. Still, he didn't like admitting it to the group, like he had let them down. He needed a way to fix this.

The last guy to talk was new. He looked familiar to Lucas, though he wasn't sure from where. He'd seen him before, that was for sure. Poor guy. He remembered the withdrawals. It was bad. Thankfully, his slip hadn't brought them back. He felt for the guy. He and some others spoke up, giving him encouragement, letting him know they understood and were there for him. He hoped the guy was ready to work at it, though. He was here, which was a start. But there was a lot more to it.

When the meeting ended, Lucas walked over to the man and held out his hand. "Hey. Name's Lucas. I'm glad you came."
He paused. "I know I know you from somewhere. But I can't place you."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-10-2015, 12:21 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-12-2015, 03:13 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-13-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-13-2015, 11:02 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-14-2015, 12:46 AM