This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Adrift in Moscow
"'Angel' fits my mood."

Aurora blushed and looked down at the her feet. "I'm no angel."
She looked up into his brown eyes with a smile. "But thank you anyway."
Aurora knew she was far from an angel, her job was all about death and destruction. Not that she wasn't doubting her career path. But what would she do if she didn't work for the Atharim.

They chatted for a little while until the young man came up to them, his presence interrupting them. Aurora smiled softly. "Read it for us?"

The young man pulled the paper he had been holding out towards them and looked causally at them and then with a shrug, started reading. His voice didn't quake, so it too must be part of his so-called gig.

"daydream delusion
limousine eyelash
oh baby with your pretty face

drop a tear in my wine glass
look at those big eyes on your face
see what you mean to me

sweet cakes and milk shakes
I’m a delusion angel
I’m a fantasy parade

I want you to know what I think
don’t want you to guess anymore
you have no idea where I came from

we have no idea where we’re going
lodged in life like two branches in a river
caught in the current
flowing downstream

I’ll carry you
you carry me
that’s how it could be

don’t you know me
don’t you know me by now…"
<sup>1</sup>

Aurora was lost in the words, it might have only been slightly better presented if HE had read it to her in his amazing voice. Aurora took the paper when he handed it to her, she wanted to keep it. It was a beautiful piece of work, and a good keep sake too. She didn't have much cash on her, but she pulled out what she had and handed it to the young man. "It was beautiful."

Movement at her side drew her attention to the man also dipping into his pockets for a couple of bills. One of his eyebrows was drawn up and a slight smile passed across his face. "That's a good gig. Much better than I expected."

He took her arm and they continued on their way. He looked as if to say something but seemed to see something in her face and decided not to. Instead, as they walked, their conversation continued.

As the night drew on, he offered to accompany her to her home. Aurora smiled. "My brother..."
Irritation flashed across his face so quickly it might have been just her imagination. Aurora paused, she really didn't care if Nox was there. Nox could be a jerk and probably would, maybe he'd be put in his place for once. Really it didn't matter. "Nevermind. I'd like that."

The easiest way home was the metro, and without punching the address into her wallet, Aurora wasn't exactly sure she could find the place without that point of reference. At this hour the metro was packed and there was only room for standing. She stood pressed up to her new friend and looked up at him as she held the strap above her head. She liked being close to him. He smelled of wonderful things. She couldn't place them and it didn't really matter.

They chatted in low voices though the occasional irritated look told her he wasn't overly happy about being jostled by others. When seats became available she took one, it wasn't that she didn't want to stand next to him, but sitting was a little bit easier to continue their conversation. He sat down next to her and she was happy when someone bumped into her pushing her close to him. He looked up sharply at the oblivious person and they moved away but she didn't move back.

The train ride was over quickly and soon they were back out onto the deserted streets. His eyes narrowed and his voice was harder as he took in the dilapidated buildings and dark streets. "This isn't a place for you. I'd think your brother should take better care of you."

Aurora was only slightly irritated, her brother take care of her? Yeah right. She smiled up at him. "Nox doesn't take care of anyone but himself. This is my choice to live here. It's a long story, really."

He pursed his lips in thought before visibly relaxing. "One I would like to hear one day. But at least I am glad I can be here to do it. And that you did not have to make this trip by yourself."
They stopped at her building and he looked down at her, the full moon hanging in the sky giving some semblance of otherworldliness to this otherwise run down place. "One such as you deserves better."

She smiled brightly at him. "Oh this isn't so bad. Sure the neighborhood is crap, but inside will be wonderful, the price is right and it's big enough my brother and I can live here together without too many issues. I'd offer to let you see for yourself, but only the kitchen is anywhere near ready for guests."
She rolled her eyes as she spoke, "And knowing Nox he and his little girlfriend are making a mess of an already disaster of a place we have."

He looked at the place again, as if he could see what was going on and she could see his jaw clench. And then he looked down at her and he relaxed. "If you say so,"
he said, touching her cheek. "I've had a truly wonderful time. I regret that I must leave you here. But I would like see you again."

Aurora smiled up at him biting her bottom lip. "Of course. I'm sure I can work you into my non-existent schedule anytime."
Her hand reached for her pocket but his beat her to it, gently liberating the device from its home. His eyebrow quirked up accompanied by a sly smile as he took it and entered his information.

Aurora was fighting the heat rising in her cheeks but she knew she was doing a poor job of it. She glanced down at her wallet to see what he'd entered and saw his name sitting neatly at the top of the contact page. She looked up and smiled at him as her thumb tapped the send button. Aurora heard his wallet vibrate in his pocket and smiled, then hung up quickly. "Now you have my number, Diego."
She held out her hand, "I'm Aurora."
She knew her phone number was blocked, it was a security precaution for what she did after all.

He took her hand gently. "I wasn't off then, Aurora....goddess of the dawn,"
he said softly. He kissed her hand tenderly. "A pleasure, my dear. I will call you. I promise."
He stared into her eyes for a moment more, as if lost.

Aurora was left in a daze. She finally had a name to the man who pretty much just swept her off her feet. It took Aurora several moments before she regained herself and opened her door and walked in, leaving him on the street.

1. Delusion angel by David Jewll
Edited by Aurora, Feb 11 2015, 02:01 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-06-2015, 01:55 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-06-2015, 03:44 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-07-2015, 09:45 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-09-2015, 03:46 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-10-2015, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-11-2015, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-11-2015, 01:54 PM