This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

To the Lap of Luxury
Aurora sipped at the drink Diego had made her, and reveled in the fact that he'd made it for her bad morning. She didn't want to think about it not really, she just wanted to be in the moment. A gorgeous guy doting on her and only her, it made her smile with self importance. It must be how Nox felt all the time. Everyone always shining on him. Aurora sighed as she looked out into the living room.

The warm cup held close to her body as she tried to steal all of its warmth and comfort as Diego busied himself in the kitchen. She could watch him for what could be deemed forever but his house called to her. Aurora looked around the living room. Everything had it's place, everything was in order. He controlled every aspect of things, even the pillows on the couch looked perfectly placed. Like he spent hours a day just arranging things, but Aurora knew this kind of money and didn't see Diego doing any of that himself.

She wandered by the fireplace, a picture caught her eyes. A blond woman with a child that looked very much like a very young Diego. Her blue eyes stunning in the picture, almost like the picture was purposefully washed out so the blue eyes stood out. She couldn't help but recognize the resemblance. Aurora looked back at Diego as he moved gracefully through his kitchen. She wondered how much herself reminded him of his mother. At least that was who she thought the woman was. Why else keep an old picture of her on his mantle.

Aurora moved back to the kitchen and sat down at the bar overlooking his kitchen, out of his way but in a good place for conversation. She smiled at him. "What happened to your mother if you don't mind me asking?"
There was only one reason to keep an old picture up like that, and that meant a person had passed. She carried one of her parents for that same reason. She didn't think Nox had any sentimental values like that, he never talked about them.

His head swung around quickly at her question and the look in his eyes was fierce. But it was replaced so quickly that she could have imagined it. She saw small pain now in his face, as if a shadow had passed over him for a moment. "Ahh....yes. My mother. She was killed when I was 12."
He looked off into the distance for a moment. "She...well, it was bad. That's all I will say for now."

He dried the coffee pot with a dishrag instead of using the dishwasher and then carefully placed it in a cupboard. His counters were clear again of any sign of their drinks, except for the cup in her hand. His voice came as his back was to her. "And you? Are you a close and proper family?"
His question seemed odd.

Aurora shook her head. "Close once. But after my mother died, everything changed. My dad fell apart, drank himself to death. And my brother..."
Aurora sighed. "Nox and I drifted apart, he went one direction and I another but yet so tied together we couldn't break free of each other."
She realized that she was the one who held on to Nox, tried to keep them together, he'd been running away from her since he watched their mother be mauled by a hell hound. Aurora stared at the remains of her empty cup of heaven lost in the memories. The nightmares he'd had. The days watching their father fall farther and farther into a drunken stupor. And she had tried to hold it all together. And for what? For this. Her anger bubbled up inside, to be treated with little concern, for a whelp of a girl to take away the only family she had. Maybe she should just go back home, Nox be damned.

He was quietly listening, various emotions playing across his face. "Family is supposed to be a haven,"
he said bitterly. "But it can be hell on earth."

Aurora looked up from the coffee cup with tears threatening to fall but she smiled at him. "Ain't that the truth."
There was nothing left in her cup so she got up and took it to the sink and started to rinse it out. Watching only her hands she spoke softly. "And that's only half of my hell."
Aurora wasn't going to tell him the rest of her hell not in so many words, he already knew of her dilemma with her career choice, not the extent of it. But it too weighed heavily on her soul.

Someone was going to find out what she was sooner or later and then her own people, probably her own brother would hunt her down, kill her and make it look like some stupid accident. Aurora sighed. The cup was still not clean, she'd been standing there staring, watching the water fill the cup until it was flowing over her hands.

Hands reached around and took the cup from her. "Let me."
He washed the cup thoroughly and then took the towel and dried it completely. There was something methodical about how he did it all. It was his routine. The cup went back into the cupboard and he he wiped down the counter and the sink. It was pristine again.

He turned around and looked down at her, serious. "Escape from hell is possible, my dear. It can be painful."
That shadow passed across his face again. "But it is worth it."
And suddenly his face lit up with a smile. "Have you eaten? Are you hungry?"

Aurora smiled up at him, though she wasn't sure she could eat she nodded, but it didn't really answer his question so she spoke softly. "I've not eaten. I am hungry."
She wouldn't be rude, but she enjoyed watching him move around his kitchen and it was the change of topic that she had really wanted. She didn't want to sound like she was bragging either but she was proud of her own kitchen prowess too. Aurora was surprised when her words came out shyly, "I could help you."

His eyebrow quirked and a slight smile appeared. He said nothing for a moment and his eyes were hooded so she couldn't see what he was thinking. Finally, he spoke. "Perhaps..."

She grinned up at him and poked him gently in the chest. "I'll have you know I'm a pretty good cook."
But she turned on her heels and sat down in the bar stool she had occupied before. "But if you insist I'll just sit here like a good little girl and watch you make me breakfast."

His grin remained. "Sounds like a challenge."
He put the towel down and then sat himself. "Very well. I look forward to it."
He sat watching her expectantly.

Aurora grinned and shook her head. "You go challenge yourself mister. I'm sitting right here."
She felt like sticking her tongue out at him but she didn't.

He didn't smile at first. And then, "No. I would like to see what you can do."
His look became friendly. "You've peaked my interest."

"I never said ... "
Why was she being so defensive about this, she got up from the stool and smiled. "Fine. Can I look through your things or do you have something specific you want me to make you?"

Aurora could figure something out but she had to know what there was to work with. With a flourish of his hands to look through his things Aurora set to work. Looking at what ingredients she could use. Aurora took note of placement and cleanliness before she even started deciding what to make.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM