This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hunting Atharim
Nox seemed out sorts. Ivan really wasn't sure why. The Atharim would come for him now that he had been outed. They were willing to kill people who they just suspected of channeling. Judge, jury and executioner. Vega had turned on them the moment he found out his son had the ability.

All of that told Ivan that they weren't a close knit group. They were driven by a sense of purpose, a sense of destiny. But when you found yourselves in the cross-hairs of the very group you belonged to...well it seemed a no-brainer that you might suddenly decide they weren't so great after all. Especially since Nox knew what he was and had hidden it from them for a while. He had decided not to kill....what did he call them? "My people?" Something like that. His loyalty was already compromised to his conscience.

Still, Ivan didn't point any of that out to him. People held all kinds of contradictory ideas in their heads at the same time. There was a term for it but he couldn't remember. Nor did he mention the fact that there was no way he could have known that Nox's arrest and charging would cover for VEGA. He wanted the man's help.

And it'd be really really nice if the man wasn't walking around with a stick up his ass the entire time.

Ivan smiled a bit- not apologetically, but wanting to smooth things over. He really didn't want to get pissed off himself. "I know you put a bullseye on your back, doing what you did. And I appreciate your willingness to work with me. I heard what the Ascendancy said in his speech. The Atharim protected people."
And murdered them. But Nox knew that. An idea had already begun forming. Perhaps what the Ascendancy already had already in mind. He wasn't privy to all that was going on despite his role with the Padre. "A new kind of Atharim, working with the monster squad, might be something that is in the works. You and I can be the first to team up."

Nox pulled the card from his wallet. He'd been burned. Ivan pulled out his own and dialed Vega.

"Vega. Sarkozy. Listen I need some information about some mutual friends that were at the concert the other night. Seems like they might responsible for what went on backstage. Can you do some poking around?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-08-2017, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-16-2017, 12:29 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-18-2017, 05:35 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-19-2017, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-24-2017, 12:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-30-2017, 02:42 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-06-2017, 12:19 PM