This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First day in Moscow
Lawrence's face furrowed down with anger. She held her Wallet high, waving it at the clerk behind the desk. "I told you I already paid for a room online! You can't tell me they're out of rooms! I already have one!"

At her side, Zander shot a look over his shoulder at the man standing behind them. Laurie could get pretty pissed off from time to time, and by the tone of her voice, Zander prepared himself for the ensuing scene.

"Look, your bid was outsold. I don't control it, but that's how things work in the CCD, ma'am." The clerk was not interested in dealing with another American, let alone a brass, demanding one. "Your money will get refunded to your profile in twenty-four hours." With that, the clerk looked around her and Zander, peering at the face waiting behind them. "We're out of rooms if you're wanting one."

Laurie stuffed her Wallet back into a pocket, face red and jaw tense, turned on her heel and glared at the poor unfortunate fool first to catch her gaze. She promptly walked off to go figure out where to stay next.

Zander lingered behind. He knew how to handle Laurie in times like these. Just let her do her thing and she'd get over it in a few minutes. They weren't used to the bidding processes in the Custody for purchases. Demand was high right now what with all the thousands and thousands of tourists in the city to see the Arch and claim their channeler rights. Even the skeeziest of hotels were astronomically priced.

"Sorry about that,"
Zander said to the guy behind them. "She's just mad we can't find a place. This is the fourth hotel we've been outbid. Are you having the same problem?"
Zander hoisted a bag up on his shoulder and started to move off to the side.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 10:04 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 12:42 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-06-2017, 10:10 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-18-2017, 03:36 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-19-2017, 04:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-19-2017, 10:14 PM