This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stages
Trano darkened at her joke. The guy must have really been worried about his mental health before all this. Reed's people-skills weren't the best. Should she try to take it back? Let up on prodding at this sore spot? Of course, being pinched wiped all thoughts of sympathy from her mind.

She was glaring at him when Shawn entered. His reaction to their posturing did not help her gleeful expression.

"You keep doing whatever it is you're doing." She said while she slid to her feet to go rummage through drawers, then the closet. When she turned up empty, she tapped her fingers on her hip, and stepped out. "Hang on a second," she told him, eyeing the air before him, and wondering if there was something there she simply couldn't see.

With that she ducked out. She was gone maybe two minutes. When she slipped back in the room, she waved a freshly refilled flask his way, and a satisfied smirk lit her lips.

"Get anywhere Gandalf?" She sat back in her former spot and knocked back a sip.

He was clearly surprised by the sudden change in her manner, but he didn't lose that distant expression. "Thanks."
It seemed in the interim, he had managed to work out something, because the flask ripped from her palm and landed in his lap sure as a kid batting another's toy away.

She crossed her arms. "You're welcome, but i'm not too worried. That's Lordanov vodka genius. Half that flask and you'll be passed out in no time, and I'll take it back. Or have my way with you."

He smirked and took a swig. "Doubt I could stop you even if I was stone cold sober."
After the drink, it took a little more concentration on Trano's part to float it back to her. There were a couple moments where it dipped dangerously close to falling.

So Trano wasn't dead inside after all. He was, however, clearly struggling with his shit. She snatched the flask out of thin air before it was dropped unceremoniously in her lap. She took a second sip and graciously tossed it back. "You need this more than I do." Not true, but if she got drunk every time she was inches from blowing a cover, she'd not accomplish shit.

After catching the flask and taking another gulp, he tossed it back. "I'm not so sure about that. You look like you could use a whole bottle."
Considering how much he'd drank already that night, it was surprising his words weren't slurred.

She picked up the flask. "You really want the person in charge of your mission here to keep drinking?"

"Why not?"
The flask floated out of her hand and hovered in front of her. "Magical powers, remember?"

"Oh well aren't you suddenly superman."

"Better. He didn't do well with magic."

She shook her head. "Don't be an idiot, Trano. After half a dozen attempts you can finally pick up something that weigh a couple grams by sheer thought. Congratulations. Let's go storm the Kremlin now."

He laughed. "Why bother? All we've got to do is hold out until he croaks."

She gaped, flashing angry. "Oh! Really?!" In a heartbeat she was on her feet, standing over him, hands on her hips, "You little shit. I thought there was fight in you. Wait till he dies? Since he looks like he's about to croak any day, fine. Let's do that. Let's wait around a couple more years. It's not like the last superpower in the world is about to fall into his hands or anything. Nah. This works out great for you. The USA probably won't even be around by the next election cycle. Your single white ass can keep your pretty little fanclub and not worry about a goddamn thing."

He looked puzzled. "And what's the alternative, we go to war? A war we're almost definitely going to lose--for what? The goal's containment--that's what it's always been."
He snapped out of the distant look. "Every dictatorship eventually fails. We go in and I will guaran-fucking-tee you ICBMs fly. So tell me--is it worth the world?"

So that was it. She was risking her cover, her life, and her allegiance so Trano could sit this one out. She more fully felt the weight of Abram's corpse drape across her shoulders. "Fine." She left the flask with him and went to the door. Now that she was leaving, it was obvious she'd locked it when she'd came back, because now she was unlocking it. "Brandon will be happy when he finds out you're already broken."

She left him alone while he sat there. She didn't bother to call him when dinner arrived. He could get up and check on it himself.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-23-2013, 06:20 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM