This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stages
He was pretty sure she was telling the truth--although the fact that it was so difficult to get almost nothing out of her was more than a little annoying. She had absolutely nothing of use to tell him.

"Besides practicing. Push yourself hard. Like you are trying to kill yourself." She paused for a moment and looked at him. "But you know... don't." He laughed a bit at that.

"Didn't know you cared, Reed."
He started with a smirk. "So, any ideas? Aside from a few Klan holdouts I can't think of any grand wizards that'll be willing to give me lessons."
He doubted she'd get that reference either. "Dinner's not going to be here for a while."

She looked blank. "I have nothing." Then, after thinking a moment, she offered up something. "To be as good as we are, we are trained until no more room for thought, doubt, or question is left. You will accomplish your task or you die. So, all I can say, is push yourself until you're a hair's breadth from the edge. You have sixty years to catch up on."

"That sounds like it's a bit easier said than done--let's start small."
He searched the room for something to grasp. He had seen other wires with different properties, but the yellow ones seemed safest for now. "I'm guessing you're not going to let me drag you around."

Another flat stare. "Sure, start small. In sixty or seventy years, maybe you'll be able to actually do something by then." It really was nice to get criticism from someone who had no idea what they were criticizing. "Come on!" She wanted something spectacular.

He sighed. "Alright, hold on. Just don't try to shoot me this time."
It took a couple minutes' concentration--keeping track of time was hard when you were busy blocking everything else out--but he was able to seize the light again. "Ready?"
He asked, perhaps a little more coldly than normal.

At first he thought about picking her up, but he didn't want to risk killing her with ignorance. Or a few bruises after he let her down. He started to think out loud. "Why don't we find out what everything does, first?"

He sent yellow wires out and coiled them as closely together as he could. Eventually, he had a solid sphere floating in front of them. He did the same for the others--he had only discovered red, white and blue otherwise. In any other situation the coincidence would have amused him.

After some concentration and time, four orbs hung in the air. "Can you see anything?"

She'd been watching Trano closely, but at his question, she peered forward. "I'm not sure what I'm looking at," A moment later, she lifted a hand to sweep an arm through the disturbance. Her hand bounced off the yellow sphere and she raised an impressed eyebrow at Trano.

"So you don't see anything? I have four spheres floating in front of you, each a different color. Nothing?"

She took a long breath and looked back again, like she was maybe giving him the benefit of the doubt. Then she shrugged. "Maybe you are insane after all." She smirked.

"Maybe."
Maintaining a sense of humor was hard, but somehow he managed. He dissipated the spheres and conjured up more of the yellow wires. Perhaps it wasn't the most intelligent decision, but it was pretty satisfying when she jumped at the pinch. "But I'm pretty sure neither of us is dreaming, at least."

She had actually looked a little bit sympathetic until the sharp prick pinched her skin. She frowned at his comment but stubbornly refused to rub the spot.

A moment later, Shawn popped his head in the door. When he saw the two of them sitting on the bed he snuck an approving nod at Trano.

The good news was that nothing seemed inherently dangerous in and of itself. Maybe it was time to start experimenting with the other wires.

Edited by Nick Trano, Oct 22 2013, 07:42 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-23-2013, 06:20 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM