This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stages
"Christ, calm down Reed."
He was a lot less scared than he probably should have been. "You've got your answer."

She flexed her trapped hand. "You going to let me go?"

He supposed it was a reasonable reaction. Now if only he could... "this is going to sound really stupid."
He gave it another shot, then winced. "I don't know how."

"Oh my god." She rolled her eyes and lowered the gun to her side. "Seriously?" She didn't even try to contain the laughter. "This is the epic warrior that has the Ascendancy turned inside out!"

He had to admit, it did make for a funny picture. She was standing there with her arm stretched awkwardly, unable to stop laughing, and he had no clue how to release her. But before he joined in the laughter he noticed something didn't add up. "You seem a little too comfortable with this, Reed. Don't tell me this is something you already knew about."

She gave him a look like he was a moron--or, at least, more of that look than usual. "A man at the forefront of all the news in the world, and you're going to tell me you haven't heard the rumors about him? There isn't a cleaning-lady in the Kremlin that hasn't heard the stories."

He sighed. "There's a difference between rumors and facts. What, if Bigfoot walks up you're not even going to bat an eye?"
He really hoped she knew more than rumors--otherwise he was still stuck at square one. It took several tries during the conversation, but he finally figured out how to dissipate the yellow wires coiled around her wrist. "There. Feel better?"

She rubbed her wrist and set the firearm aside. When she turned back, she shrugged. "Fine, Mr. Wizard. You're right. It's probably not real at all." She stared flatly, then pointed at her wrist. "That hurt."

If that was enough to hurt her, her laughter was misplaced. "Calm down, you're supposed to be a big girl. Now that I know I'm not crazy... you already know what he can do?"

Her eyes narrowed, "Do you?"

He knew a lot less than he would have liked, that was for sure. "Just that he's had sixty years to work this stuff out. I think we can agree that makes him pretty dangerous."

Of course, Trano could never be direct enough for Reed. "So how much do you know?"

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it? Until five minutes ago I thought I was going insane."

She nodded slowly. "Well. Now that you know that you're not. What now?" There was only a brief knock before Shawn opened the door, eyeing the two of them.

"Custody check-in bought his alibi. Abrams--they took his body."
Reed just nodded and told him to keep them informed. After being interrogated on what dinner was and when it would be coming, he made a hasty retreat.

After Shawn left, she pulled the thigh holster off her leg and set it aside. "Looks like we got a while." And she slipped off her shoes and sat once more.

"Good. We need all the time we can get. There's a lot you're not telling me, Reed."
He sat down next to her, and looked her straight in the eyes. "If I'm supposed to be the thing keeping Brandon from conquering the world I want some answers. I want everything you know--either agency--about... this."

That set her off. Or maybe that's just how she talked normally--sometimes he wasn't sure. "I'm not your informant, Trano. Ten minutes ago you were just another asshole and my job was to find out why the Ascendancy of the fucking Central Custody of Dominion wants you out of the picture." It still rankled a bit that she'd knowingly dragged him to enemy territory. "Now I know. And we can get on with our lives. Assuming we walk out of this building tomorrow."

"What about your little great white speech? Face the facts, Reed--this isn't going away. Ascendancy's not going to stop trying to take over and right now you're screwing over our best bet to stop him."

She met his eye, "It's not my call what and what not to debrief you. I keep you breathing. That's my job." She said it with a sense of finality, but she didn't try to leave. Reed was wavering.

He shook his head. "And if I end up killing myself because I have no clue what I'm doing--what then? Do your job, Reed. Tell me what I need to know."

Edited by Nick Trano, Oct 21 2013, 08:25 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-23-2013, 06:20 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM