This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Era
Nikolai sat in observance of the Consulate's plan of action. He had charged his entire executive office to design an elaborate body of work in a short amount of time. The Custody's political response to the actions undertaken in Dominance V was of the utmost priority at the moment. This agenda took precedance over Michael's command, over the Sigma's deity, and over the tensions in Mexico.

"This is an acceptable plan."
Nik nodded when Bykov finished his proposal. "The breadth and width of the Custody's influence is at your disposal, Consul. We have a lot of work to do, now get to it."
They shook hands and Nikolai turned to leave. He had a great deal on his mind and it was not yet evening.

It was then that Viktor rushed in to deliver the news of the US Embassy attack.

Nikolai quickly internalized the information. The gears of his mind prepared to spin this to the Custody's benefit. With his Deputy walking alongside, Nikolai left the room and routed himself back to his offices.

"What does our Intelligence in Mexico say about the culprit? Was it the American?"
Of course he'd heard about the man. Oakland was not hiding, but Nikolai had devoted little thought to him. He'd had greater cares on his mind lately, and Intelligence did their due diligence.

Viktor led Nikolai into a chamber used to communicate with their military intelligence. An entire wall was filled with edge-to-edge and floor to ceiling information. Uniformed servicemen and women were busy working uplinks to Custody satellites and Mexican media outlets.

"It is being spun as a cartel rival to Oakland seeming to frame him as a means to undermine his loyal followers,"
Viktor explained.

Nik studied the aerial view of downtown Mexico City. "You do not agree?"
He could hear the doubt in Viktor's voice.

"I do not. I think it was ... well ... someone like Commander Vellas."
There was a reverance in his voice that unsettled Nikolai. His kind were everywhere. His frown smoothed itself vacant.

"Stay on it, Viktor. Where is the Sigma, right now?"
Nikolai asked.

Viktor keyed the requested information into his handheld and promptly delivered the answer.

"CSS reports he's at the gym, Ascendancy."

Nikolai nodded. The boy was a seed to be planted, but Nik had yet to decide exactly where. Time was running short.

"Thank you, Viktor. I need to clear my mind. I'm going for a swim if I am needed."
He turned to go. A pair of CSS agents followed him as he strode away toward his basement retreat.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-03-2014, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM