This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Era
Nikolai's temper cooled. The previous outburst was extremely uncharacteristic of him, but something about Michael stirred forges of enmity he did not know he possessed. He calmed himself in the next few moments only to dare Michael to consider the flaw in his foresight.

"Mankind will always war with one another, but there will come a day when nations no longer will. Who will war with me when the whole of the world sleeps beneath one flag. My flag. While you forecast war, I visualize peace."

Empires were never left unchallenged, but the precedent for Nikolai's empire did not exist. Of the Commander's assumptions, however, one was correct. Nikolai stood upon the edge of a great vision. With men like Michael - and even Marcus - behind and beside him, that vision would become reality. Such was the purpose of his being: to be the patriarch of unity and be loved for it. He was a fair and just ruler: dealing mercies of the government with equal justice; prospering lands once teeming with poverty; and gathering momentum for mankind to conquer the future. Beneath Nikolai's dominion, his lands rose from the ashes, as did the phoenix on his crest. Was it so alien a hope to see such leadership extend worldwide?

"You are correct in that every man and woman under the sun has strengths and weaknesses. As I would utilize any workforce, those skills and talents will be determined. Use them as you will, Michael. For once the ashes settle, a great era will dawn."

He placed his palms on his desk, arms stretched wide. A saturnine shadow stretched from his tone. In his twenty-five years, Nikolai had not brought about war, but millions died at his behest nonetheless, as they would continue to do. "But first the skies will grow black; darker than your darkest nightmares. Prepare yourself for it, and go with my blessing and alliance."

He stood and rounded the desk to stand before the one that would turn the day to night. He spoke quietly, belying the deadly intent of his encouragement. "Never is the dawn more glorious than the one to follow the black of a hopeless night."

He held out a hand for Michael to take. "For this, do I have your pledge? Do I have your loyalty?"
The steel of Nikolai's gaze was heavier than the foundation of the Kremlin...than the walls of the underworld itself. Never had a man knelt before him, but such did his presence demand. He would not bid Michael upward if he fell to his knees.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-03-2014, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM