This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Good Life
Elouera smiled at him and he smiled back. She had that kind of way about her, eliciting warmth and trust from those she spoke to. His mind flashed to Marveet- well maybe most of those. And who knew if he response to her was because it didn't go further than friendliness. In any case, Marcus felt better than he had in a long time. His isolation was over.

Through the smile, though, she was apologetic. "I am sorry to say that I have another meeting at 6am tomorrow, so I do need to go home and sleep. I am going to be going to DV for some preliminary interviews later that day."
She shook her head and sighed. "It's going to be a lot of work for the next few years. But the plan put forth by Bykov was approved by Ascendancy and he doesn't waste time."

Marcus raised an eyebrow and laughed. "The work of years, and we rush to begin. Marvelous. Gives me hope for bureaucracies. It's not what I expected. "
Then he frowned, realizing something before his face softened. "I really enjoyed myself. And I appreciate your taking time to have dinner with me."
He smiled at her. There was something pleasing about her. She embodied orderliness. Harmony. Serenity. It reminded him of what he loved most about the disciplines of logic. It was serene. If the government was filled with people like her- something he doubted was very common- what he sought- what he and Ascendancy wanted for the world- would be much more easily attained.

"It occurs to me how very effective you will be in the DV. I look forward to see your accomplishments."
He meant it too.

They rose from the table and he walked her to the foyer and got their coats. He helped her on with hers. "A pleasure Elouera,"
and politely kissed her on the cheek just as the valet brought her car around. Once she was off he stood there, feeling the cold of Moscow on his cheeks. It was an interesting day. Making connections with people was a useful thing to do. And it provided him with something he had not felt in a long while.

What that was, he wasn't really sure.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 03:40 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 04:02 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 04:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-25-2014, 06:01 PM