This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

L'Etat, c'est moi
Rarely was she arrogant, but Victoria did consider that she had a skill in reading emotions, reading people. Less certain was her reliance on hiding her own emotions completely; her face could mimic a militaristic brick wall well enough, but she knew better than most what little twitches of her mouth, eyes, even hands could reveal. Considering Michael currently, her eyes not moving of analysis of him for even a moment, she had to physically stop herself from mimicking the slight movement, more uncomfortable for her. Vellas had her on edge, he had since she'd first seen him and Victoria still couldn't exactly say why.

"I will achieve that." Even Victoria couldn't keep the slight edge of jealousy from her voice as he watched him effortlessly move the mug with the power. She wanted that, more than... well not more than anything but it was certainly up there. Her lips flickered, curving into a possible semblance of a smile. Maybe. "I would certainly say I'm determined enough. It will happen." Victoria knew she'd put her mind to it, and when she did, she tended to get what she wanted.

As Michael spoke, Victoria kept her back straight, nodding occasionally as Michael elaborated. She'd write it all in her diary later, of course, study it. Find everything and anything she could, absorb what information there was and analyse from there. It was just like learning how to be an officer, to be a solider, to fight. In a slightly different context, however.

An eyebrow raised at his last word, slightly teasing, slightly offended. "Thank you, Vellas, but I've used it enough times, and I am intelligent enough to be aware that people dislike having their emotions toyed with. I've never been suspected. Not, admittedly, that anyone would know what I was using, of course." Victoria almost went as far as to jest about whether she was manipulating him right now. Yet, of course Vellas would be able to tell if she was touching her gun. A sudden thought crossed her mind, causing her to frown.

"Do you know when I am using my power, Vellas?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-09-2016, 04:48 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-09-2016, 07:34 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-12-2016, 10:51 PM