This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Don't Sweat the Technique
Marcus smiled at James' obvious relief. More specifically, at the man's willingness to teach. He didn't know how and Marcus could understand that. Ability and teaching were not the same thing. Still, it was an art and the man had been a preacher. He could learn.

"I appreciate that Mr. James. And I understand your fears."
The apprehension and refusal to even try to teach him had been borne of fear. That much had been obvious. Of what, he wasn't yet sure. "I have in my employ a channeler who was trained his abilities by another."
Different training, to be sure. Sanjay had learned from Vellas, and what he taught was very nearly the opposite of healing. "While he might have no latent skill with healing, he does have the necessary vocabulary and understanding to communicate how to teach channeling. He has already begun with others. I will have him visit you and teach you how to teach this."

Marcus, of course, would try to attend some of the classes, when he had time. But this would give Jensen a head start. He nodded to the list of names. "I will forward you this list. Read their registration forms. Find any that stand out- even excite you."

He paused. His encounters with Spectra and Oriana had already yielded fruit. He'd met a few women channelers since the registration and it had confirmed his suspicions. "However, I do recommend that you choose only men at this point. You might have some difficulty teaching women. The power is...different for them. You cannot see what they do and they cannot see what you do. There might be more to it as well."
And that was really all he could say about that. It was somewhat irritating that teaching was going to break down along gender lines. Classes for men and for women. He had no doubt that as this became more well known, someone might try to use that to say something about gender equality. It only stood to reason.

He sometimes wished he could clone himself. There was so much to do. Sanjay had done a good job of teaching, so far, enough that a few of the men were already being able to control what they did. Which was usually lighting a candle or something simple. But they were coming along. The Consulate was in its infancy, but plans were already being made to expand and leverage the power of channelers into every part of life in the empire. And in many ways, Marcus would stand at the head of that organization.

His smile on the outside as he showed Jensen out was nothing to the gleeful grin on the inside. He had to be patient. Build, step by step, brick by brick. It would take years. But he was young. And hungry. The power called to him. Not simply the Force. Power.

He felt the familiar slithering in his stomach. Malik was awake. And ready. Soon. Very soon he would go out. It was time for the Dark Lord to be set free.

Edited by Marcus DuBois, Nov 20 2017, 05:40 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-11-2017, 06:04 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-17-2017, 12:05 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-25-2017, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-26-2017, 07:52 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-26-2017, 09:02 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM