This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Traitors
The man that seemed to follow Nikolai everywhere ushered Michael and his two students into the room. Surprisingly it was furnished for a meal and a variety of breakfast foods were presented on the elegant table.

All three of the Ascendants were dressed in black. Michael's coat was a heavy shroud as usual and it seemed like his Ascendants had taken to his choice of clothing as some kind of symbol. Michael allowed it. A uniform brought soldiers together and fostered a sense of camaraderie.

"A pleasure,"
Michael said as he was introduced to some important bureaucrat or another. He had had enough of their ilk for three lifetimes. Not that he would be rude. He would do his job, and do it well. Michael simply did not care for their politicking.

Taking his seat, he listened to Nikolai spin his stories. Rykovi and al'Shaddis seemed to take their inclusion in stride, although they were impressed. That was good. There would be no time to hesitate on a battlefield, no matter their opponent. This...Trano was nearly as famous as Nikolai himself. He would not have his men pause in awe for the man.

As Nikolai directed his attention to Michael, he nodded shortly. "My students took care of Andlain's followers. Some are still recovering, but they have seen combat against Ascendant beings. Rykovi and al'Shaddis here are the most talented for such tasks and the most loyal. There are others who are powerful but they lack discipline. They shall remain until they learn their place. I assure you those that will be present will be most capable. Nothing shall break our defences, particularly if I am present,"
Michael did not boast, he stated simple fact. "Unless half a dozen Ijiraq attack, I am confident in my ability."

His brow rose when Nikolai told him of his plans for the American Ascendants. "Am I to train these Americans as well? It is a fine idea in theory, but presents trouble. Many who are new to their powers become corrupted by the allure. I would suggest a slow integration. Screen potential Ascendants in an initial recruitment stage and assess their psychological fitness. They could then be trained here. When they are suitably proficient, they could be sent out to scout others. Those with the talent can train others."

Michael's gaze swept across Nikolai's face, searching for any reaction. "Ascendants are powerful resources, but dangerous. Just like Andlain. I advise caution before unleashing the Ascendants upon the world without restraint."

Edited by Michael Vellas, Jan 11 2018, 11:38 AM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 01-01-2018, 09:40 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 01-02-2018, 03:07 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 01-08-2018, 11:03 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 01-09-2018, 02:21 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 01-10-2018, 10:25 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 01-11-2018, 11:37 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 01-12-2018, 09:04 AM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 01-13-2018, 08:41 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 01-15-2018, 08:50 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 01-16-2018, 01:26 AM