This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Caesura
She seemed unphased by the explosion. Not just a delicate vase, then, Malik thought sarcastically. Though, to be fair, he told Malik, from what he'd read of her experiences in Africa, she never had been. Underestimating a person's ability was stupid in the extreme. Especially for petty personal reasons.

Indeed, a smile smile seemed to play on her lips despite what had happened. Marcus found that intriguing. There seemed to be determination in her eyes.

And for some reason, those small insignificant facts shifted his perception of her 180 degrees.

He wasted no more time on apologies or making sure she hadn't been injured. They were completely unnecessary for her. Even if she had, her pride would not allow her to admit it.

So he wasn't surprised in the slightest as she concentrated again on the empty space where the flame had first appeared. He still held the Force at the ready, this times threads of flame and air ready to prevent any kind of explosion. But he didn't expect it, not this time.

She had said as much. 'Differences in their power.' 'Not how I would do it.'

The newly formed flame danced and flickered in the air harmlessly. He smiled at her and nodded, the social lubricants and encouragement used on the insecure left unsaid on his lips.

Her question seemed apropos of nothing and he spoke quickly. "We have begun creating a school for channelers here at the consulate. Unfortunately, I personally do not have the time to teach, though I have done so on a number of occasions in the past. Another channeler, Sanjay Ramanujan, is working with me in setting up the curriculum and will oversee the school- for men anyway. He was trained by General Vellas along with a number of others- the first channeler volunteers Ascendancy found. Once he learned enough to be safe to himself and others, he was promoted to other responsibilities and now works with me here at the Consulate."

He really didn't give it much further thought. The image of the flame dancing before him still played across his mind, an idea forming. Indeed, once it came to him, it was all he could do not to show his enthusiasm over the possibility. He did not like tipping his hand. Concrete data, though. He hungered for it, an ache he longed to fill.

It was a simple enough thing, really. There was little risk in it. And it could be useful. He took his tablet and typed quickly, granting limited access to the account she had on file and sending her the link. "I have given you access to this application. I would be very interested in seeing how you wove the flame just now. I can show you how to draw with it in 3-d space using the various threads. If you do so, perhaps we can discover the reasons behind the differences in our power. We need a more systematic way of teaching. A theory of channeling."

Perhaps that would be enough. She had wanted to do research. But just in case..."And....if you are interested, I'd be happy to offer you a position here related to teaching women. Or for our public outreach and education. Even as just a consultant."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 02-21-2018, 07:21 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 02-22-2018, 02:54 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 02-22-2018, 03:25 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 02-22-2018, 10:59 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 03-12-2018, 08:11 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 03-12-2018, 10:39 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 04-09-2018, 05:21 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 04-09-2018, 12:11 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 04-11-2018, 02:52 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 04-13-2018, 11:28 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 04-15-2018, 03:20 PM