This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A London Reality [London, England]
Everyone was talking about the fall of the building. Nox listened to all the speculation as he sat at the bar watching Hayden work. He hadn't thought about Raffe until that moment -- he'd do the same thing with Raffe back when they were together. Listen and watch.

It pulled a little bit of sadness around his heart, but Hayden was there with a water and a brush of his hand over Nox's. He seemed to read him well.

No one really understood what happened and when the night was over and the bar buttoned up Hayden took Nox up stairs. "You leaving tomorrow?"

"I assume I'll get new orders once confirmation is done."

"How did you do that?" Hayden asked. "Or do I not want to know."

"You don't want to know." Nox agreed.

Hayden took Nox by the hand and lead him to the bed. If it was going to be their last night they both agreed it was best to spend it naked -- and sweaty.

And they were both when they stopped for a breather tangled in each others arms. Hayden pulling Nox close and tracing the lines of Nox's back. "You feel amazing. I gotta thank your handler for sending you my way, been way to fucking long."

Nox tensed under the praise and recognition that it hadn't really been a long time since he'd been with a guy, and who the guy was and what was he doing now. But Hayden chuckled. "You really like him."

"Loved him. Wanted to spend my life with him. Realized that hasn't changed, even if he isn't the one. I still want the white picket fence, 2.5 kids and a dog."

"Not much a dog person myself. And isn't it a bit hard to get even that .5 kid if you cut out all the good bits." Hayden's other hand drifted down his chest and barely reached their intended destination between his legs.

Nox chuckled. "Kids don't need to be biological to be loved. I don't want to pass down my affliction. Part of my deal, but mostly a personal decision."

Hayden pressed a kiss to the top of Nox's forehead. "That's a shame, you'd make cute babies."

"Small price to pay to make sure this shit ends with me." Nox wasn't sure if Hayden knew anything about what kinda monster he was, or what he referred to. He'd never asked about the missing arm, barely mentioned it at all totally took the cues that Nox actually preferred being on the bottom though he had no problem being on top -- just was a little more difficult with a single arm to do any maneuvering. There was no fucking way he was using the mechanical arm for delicate things like touching a human. Specially in the throws of passion where control wasn't at his finest. Though Ori had been an exception -- the only exception.

"Am I losing you? You keep drifting off."

Nox shook his head. "Nah. Just lost in thought. It's one of my many quirks."

Hayden rolled on top of Nox with a mischievous grin. "Let me see if I can figure any of those other quirks out."

Their night didn't end till the wee hours of the morning. Both of their wallets buzzed with a few missed messages and they let them linger while their bodies tried to meld together and never forget the other. It was bitter sweet when Hayden left that morning.

He sat on the end of the bed watching Nox do his normal morning routine. "This is your normal morning? What have I been doing sleeping?"

Nox chuckled as he finished the last sit-up and looked over his knees at Hayden. "Something like that. Have to stay in shape. Mind, body and soul. Though the soul could use a little more work."

"It's been a while yeah? Since you spoke to your guy back home? Like really talked?." Nox shrugged. "You should really tell him how you feel, now that you've both had time to chill."

"I dunno. We worked together, lived together. Only been apart really since I left and came here. Hasn't been all that long. Maybe when I get back."

Hayden got up and squatted down in front of Nox. "I got things I have to do this morning, but promise me you'll talk to him. Life isn't worth living if you do it alone and with regret. I don't regret telling you how it is. Fucking amazing few days."

"I'll talk to him when I get back." Nox said.

"Nah, man. Promise me. An Atharim is nothing more than his good word, right? Ain't that the American thing?"

Nox sighed. "My word means shit right now."

Hayden laughed. "We all fuck up. But it doesn't change the next one. Just try harder. Promise me. Say the words."

"Fine. I promise I'll talk to Raffe soon."

Hayden smiled and pressed a kiss to Nox's lips. "Thank you. Go live life. And don't die."

Nox nodded and watched as Hayden slipped out the door. Nox had a ferry to catch soon, then a bus and a train and a fucking Atharim diplomat to figure out. And a fucking promise to keep...

Messages In This Thread
A London Reality [London, England] - by Hayden - 01-28-2024, 07:39 PM
RE: A London Reality - by Nox - 01-29-2024, 02:53 PM
RE: A London Reality - by Hayden - 01-29-2024, 02:54 PM
RE: A London Reality - by Nox - 01-30-2024, 10:58 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Hayden - 01-30-2024, 11:04 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Nox - 01-31-2024, 10:42 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Hayden - 01-31-2024, 10:43 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Nox - 02-01-2024, 11:12 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Hayden - 02-01-2024, 11:12 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Nox - 02-02-2024, 11:44 AM
RE: A London Reality - by Hayden - 02-02-2024, 11:45 AM