This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz]
He knew he wouldn't escape that easily. And his folly was losing sight of the man. Sophia hadn't known better, but there was no way you could mistake this man for homeless. Though he had looked horribly mistreated when he'd found him in the cellar with the other victims of Cedric and his friends. It was a horrible place it made Ashton shutter. He hated the monsters that kept their food alive. Cedric was one of the worst. Why couldn't they all be like Max? But it wasn't his place to question his masters. He was nothing but their pawn.

"Oh how the tables have turned." the voice crooned and Ashton's blood ran cold.

Shit! Shit! Ashton looked around for any sort of place to escape to but it was already too late. This was not how it was supposed to happen. Victoria clung to his arm and pulled him tightly against her like she was afraid. But there was no fear in her voice. "From what I recall, there were just cages and chains. No tables to turn or flip or whatever you like darling."

Ashton turned to look at his friend and he saw her mother in her face and it was terrifying. "Vic, no. It's okay. Please just go home." He peeled himself from her grip and took her hand and guided her towards the door without moving his feet. She went along with it. His voice doing most of the persuading. He hated manipulating her like this but he didn't want to explain why Victoria got hurt, or even expelled from the Almaz. He could handle this.

Victoria was on her way out when Ashton turned back to Mr. Marveet. "I'm sorry. I told them to let you go. That you'd be missed. But they didn't listen to me. They never do." Ashton knew that his words alone wouldn't sate the man. Why should they, but the lyrical sound behind them should. It wasn't even something he thought about doing it just happened. Part of protecting himself. Part protecting Victoria and more than that it took more effort to not use his natural inclination than to just be himself. And right now that's all he was -- himself. Just a pretty boy hoping not to get beaten to a pulp by a much bigger man than him. Not that he was short by any standards, but thin and lanky never really sized up to anyone. He smiled to disarm the man but he hoped this would not end up with violence. Ashton really hated violence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz] - by Ashton - 10-25-2023, 09:45 PM