This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz]
Mikhail clearly had a destination in mind, but Jaxen gave the lower level his unadulterated, open study as they passed through. He was otherwise right at home amid the chaos of noise of onlookers yelling at the fights. Men and women fisted the air in open challenge or support as their favorite fighter triumphed. The groans and winces punched all at once when another spun under a brutal hit. All this delightful chaos was accompanied by a steady flow of top-shelf libations—because in this realm, alcohol is the only form of emotional support you need. And yes, even the servers seemed to have emerged from the fiery depths of hell's runway, because why settle for mediocrity when you can have supernaturally attractive waitstaff? As he passed one brunette, with a hook of a nose and sharpness to her eye, Jaxen silently agreed that even the servers were hotter down here, and he couldn’t help but muse on the drink he left upstairs. Damn Oriena’s revenge, an ultimate sin, leading to the tragic abandonment of perfectly good vodka. The horror!

Before Mik found where he was going, the screens flashed a new video about then, which gave him some pause. He blinked as he watched what was clearly a recent replay. The guy was giving a pounding to another, and what’dyaknow but it was a face he recognized. Jaxen chuckled to himself, his laughter a cocktail of nostalgia and, after casting a look around, the knowledge that a certain someone was missing in action. No Nox present, but he’d keep an eye out. It had been a while since they'd collaborated on their last "urban landscaping project."

Finally catching up to Mikhail at an exit that seemed like the gateway to oblivion, Jaxen raised an eyebrow. The darkness was basically a hole. Out of it wafted colder air and something else that Jaxen couldn’t quite identify. He folded his arms.

“Nothing says ‘I trust you completely’ like following a guy you met LARPing into a cave hole, but I wager the odds are you’re taking me down there to murder me or you want to sneak off to fuck me. Either way, I’m flattered, but I'm not into getting murdered tonight, and sorry to say that I think you’re a good looking guy, but it's just not for me.” The sarcasm was good-natured, but Jaxen waited for some hint of what was to come before following. Upon doing so, he gestured that Mikhail lead on with a small head-shake that assumed he might regret this later.

Of course, the darkness they plunged into clung to them like a drunk ex, but soon it transitioned as they traversed the passage, leaving behind the chaos and noise of the fight arena, into someplace pretty interesting.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz] - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-23-2023, 01:57 AM