This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz]
Jacob blinked back at the boy he once knew.  He found the look to be far more daring than even the vids shown -- even those when he was painted blue like the sky and representing an Egyptian goddess.  This was not the same kid he knew, and the words out of his mouth said Jacob was going to have a hard time convincing him he didn't mean any harm.

"I saw your videos.  Felt it was time to come see the family." He lied.

Nox laughed. "I'm all that's left.  Mother was mauled by a hellhound years ago.  Our father followed behind her drunk and dead in his own vomit. Aurora and I were all that was left until some sick bastard strangled her and left her dead and buried for no one to find."

"So just get a way from me." Nox turned his back on Jacob and the older man growled at the disrespect.  If it weren't for the men with cattle prods standings mere feet away Jacob might had pulled a knife from his boot and stabbed the boy for it.

Instead Jacob laughed. "I came to see you fight.  I think I'll be sticking around.  Maybe your father was right about you all along."  Jacob knew that would bite, the boy would rise to the bait. 

And he did.  Nox turned around with fire in his eyes.  But it was so much more than the fury Jacob expected to see.  In the fury was darkness.  And in the darkness Jacob didn't see anything he recognized. One arm hung at Nox's side in a balled fist -- a fist that Jacob just now realized was not real.  His other hand wrapped around the black band at the elbow joint.  What had happened?  And how could he afford such a device.  That was not on hunter's pay, who else was he fucking around with to get such a payday. 

Jacob took a step back, held up his arms.  There was more to this, this whole place and Nox than just a place to fight.  Maybe the woman was right, was he that well connected?  The Ascendancy himself?  Was it worth while to flip him, turn him against the things he loved?  "I take it back. Your father was an asshole to you most your life.  I shouldn't have brought it up.  My bad.  Let me buy you a drink.  Both of you.  I'd hate to have you thrown out before your impending match, it looks to be quite something."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz] - by Jacob - 09-14-2023, 02:39 PM