This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Don't look at me
“Someone will take my sale.” That bothered him more deeply then the embarrassment that would haunt him forever. Pavel was the only witness to the whole dark truth of it, but it would sit between them for as long as he was married to Alina. He would never regret her, but as she held his hand close to her stomach, he couldn’t help but wonder if she regretted him in turn. Absconding to their house in Suzdal would offer privacy and isolation, but honestly he wished for somewhere more like where they visited for their honeymoon; somewhere on the sea with beaches and palm trees, but it was a fruitless dream. For now, Maksim couldn’t imagine getting up to use the bathroom let alone getting on the jet.

His gaze followed his wife finding the wallet useless. At one point a doctor listed off his injuries, but it was Pavel who fielded the information. Maksim just lay motionless and tuned him out. He’d not even considered the fact the wallet was stuffed in his pocket at the time.

He sighed. “A construction deal, Linka. Five buildings across the city. Construction. Years of trying.” His voice trailed as he realized how slurred his words were packed behind a jaw that was slowly freezing up. He’d be drinking out of a straw tomorrow, and it was hard to keep his eyes open.

He’d been trying to land his first sale in construction for years. It was the thing that Scion expected, and he was the only one on his team to fail to close. They weren’t skyscrapers, and of the projects the office fielded, it was small in comparison, but the prestige would not go unnoticed. Now, it was dead in the water for Maksim.

“And with foreigners. Japanese building some clubs…”

He held up a hand that she might rejoin him. He wanted her close. This time, he scooted over in the bed and tried to coax her to lay with him. The associated discomfort was secondary, though, as he wrapped his arms around her waist, fingers brushing gently along her navel.
“Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.”
+
+ Maksim +
+

Messages In This Thread
Don't look at me - by Maksim Marveet - 04-28-2023, 02:44 AM
RE: Don't look at me - by Sofia Vasilieva - 04-28-2023, 02:31 PM
RE: Don't look at me - by Maksim Marveet - 04-28-2023, 07:41 PM
RE: Don't look at me - by Sofia Vasilieva - 04-28-2023, 10:08 PM
RE: Don't look at me - by Maksim Marveet - 04-30-2023, 05:13 PM
RE: Don't look at me - by Sofia Vasilieva - 04-30-2023, 11:39 PM