This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair]
(With Zephyr)

This chick certainly wasn’t Petra. One, she looked nothing like the fake Irish professor apart from the fangs. Hot though. For some reason those fangs were all Jaxen saw, a mouth full of fangs and a head full of adoration. He had to cringe just to shake it off until the flash of silver rattled the rest of the spell free.

The woman jumped aside, and while Jaxen only had eyes for her and those gnarly fangs, his ears were more than aware that the screaming had ceased. Thankfully. It saved him the effort of smacking the shit out of the kid with the Ancient Power.

The woman all but leaned casually aside, easily dodging Zef’s dart.

“They see the future. Don’t think!” She ordered. Fine by Jaxen. He had zero thoughts at the moment. Except he strongly considered running the hell out of there.

“Jaxen!” she shouted.

He stared at her in return. Shocked and confused.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Other than being pissed over losing the hottest lay in months, it’s not like it was his fight here.

Zef wasn’t helpful though.

"I don't know.  Don't just stand there looking handsome with your dick hanging out,” she snapped, and his jaw dropped open. His hands immediately went to his crotch. Luckily, everything was tucked in nice and neat. Self-protective priority number one.

“Run or help but do something other than stand there. Be the fucking hero.” She shrugged and looked at him like she actually believed that bullshit. The hell ever gave her the ass-backward idea that he was some kind of hero?

"Supposedly your fucking gift can help kill one.  Otherwise get him the fuck out of here,” she pointed out the door.

Kill one?! He blinked and shook his head like he heard wrong.
“You want me to kill some chick just because she's a little thirsty?" He glanced back at the girl. While they argued, she’d arranged her clothes, innocently apart from the passed out kid she was about to lap up. Her hands were folded in front of her and she looked up with the widest doe eyes Jaxen ever saw.

Zef cut through his bullshit though. "You’re a dumbass. She can see the fucking future! She knows what I'm going to do before I do it, and she knows you don't believe me.”

Now that made him frown.
“I believe you! One of those bitches sucked on my neck back in Ireland… And not the hickey kind of sucking either!” Li had showed up just in time, luckily. He'd never been so happy to find another dude waiting for him in his hotel room.

He barely saw the motion. With a shrill scream in defiance, the chick jumped quick as lightning as if she’d pounced from all fours and practically landed on his shoulders. Like some nasty ass spider that dropped from the ceiling, Jaxen flailed to get her off, but she was screaming something about Sybaris and killing her sister and all that bull that technically had nothing to do with him.

He spun and tried to yank her off, but she dug in those claws like a cat hanging on to bare skin. Her hot breath brushed his neck and ear. “Get it off!” he yelled for Zephyr to help him. Meanwhile, he tried to explain himself. “I didn’t kill Sybaris. At most I was a co-killer,” he added. But the helpful addition didn’t exactly satisfy her need for vengeance.

She flung her weight, little as she was, one way and that. Then there was a yank on his ear and the spike of his earring clattered to the floor, torn free. Blood dripped down the side of his neck.

“BITCH,” he said. Now he was pissed.

And the Ancient Power boiled into his grasp, and he stopped moving just for a second. In that moment of stillness, right before the chick was about to snack down on a nice juicy bite of Jaxen throat, he rippled.

The space that was his body to split in two. A Jaxen took a step forward and another Jaxen took a step backward.

In between them, the drakaina fell to her knees. From a crouch, she looked up, and a very satisfying look of confusion befell her expression.

From within one of the Jaxens, Jaxen was quivering with the Ancient Power. They both rounded on her, circling while she glanced from one face to the other. She tried to swipe at his leg, but both copies hopped backward in unison out of her reach.

“Nah uh” they both spoke simultaneously. Then a wicked grin parted both their faces. They outright heehee’d, and both glanced at Zephyr. “Now this little trick is going to come in handy,” they added gleefully. Only now Jaxen realized that both of him were speaking in unison. Mirrors of each other.

Both Jaxens paused, and a furrow of thought darkened their gazes. After a moment, the Ancient Power split itself apart and one of them shook out their arms while the other rolled his neck.

“Ahh, that’s better,” the one on the left said.

“You are a handsome devil,” the one on the right replied.

“Why thank you!”

Of course, it was all a distraction. While the drakaina was occupied staring down one of the Jaxens, the other had snatched the spikes. Zephyr’s hair spike in one hand and Jaxen’s earring in the other.

And then they both slammed into the sides of the drakaina’s throat. Twin little frankenstein knobs jammed in.

The two Jaxens converged back into himself, standing over her as his fists came back to the side of his hips. Blood dripped down from his left ear. The shirt was ruined. Not to mention his fucking ear was on fire.

“See that coming?” he asked her as red gurgled up from her mouth. She quickly drowned on her own blood while Jaxen carefully stepped out of the mess. He’d already ruined the shirt. Didn’t want to have to toss the shoes too.

And he looked at Zephyr, eyes wide as he suddenly realized what had happened like she might have the answer to what to do next. 

Then he shrugged and put a hand to his ear. His fingers came away bloody.

((Power increased))
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Zephyr - 03-22-2023, 10:26 AM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Cruz - 03-22-2023, 10:37 AM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Sage - 03-22-2023, 06:43 PM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Zephyr - 03-22-2023, 07:07 PM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Cruz - 03-22-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Cruz - 03-25-2023, 04:31 PM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Zephyr - 03-25-2023, 05:22 PM
RE: The Depths of Hell [Devil's Lair] - by Zephyr - 03-27-2023, 10:34 AM