This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Acquisitions
“Thank you,” he replied with an acknowledging dip of the head. While Adrian hadn’t exactly designed the space himself, it was his tastes and oversight that painted the hotel with its present style. He had a vision and it was the job of his designers to bring it to life. Elegance was important to his world. From the very way he presented himself, currently attired in a sophisticated suit, crisp pocket square cutting across chest to the neat waves of hair laying suave and styled across his brow. The bar in which they currently lounged was his imagination brought to life. He wanted smooth surfaces that glowed deep within, devouring the sunset glow and casting it back upon his patrons in flattering rays. It worked now, even on Colette, who was probably lovely without enhancement, but in the starlight was a stunning creature. In essence, she was his creation, and he proudly accepted the compliment.

Until she did something so striking, he was utterly speechless. He watched with no small measure of humor while she stole his drink, sampled and found it worthy. His brows were arched high. His lips parted, confusion stuck on the tip of his tongue.

“Did you just do that?” he asked, chuckle rolling freely. He didn’t know if her charm was from the overt Americanese or if it was simply her. Either way, he shook his head and grabbed the cup for himself immediately afterward. The ice had melted a little during his abstinence; the glass cold beneath his fingers.
“Fair enough,” he said and tipped a sample to his own lips, holding her eyes the whole time.

He likewise murmured approval, but deposited the drink back to its place without indulging further.

“I’ve an early morning appointment with my trainer, but thank you for the conversation, Miss Moreau.”

When he stood, it was to slide a swipe his card code across the digital table top. It was temporary and would dissolve in five minutes.

“In case you need anything while you’re staying here, or simply want to report delinquent drinkers wasting good liquor in my bar… my assistant can get a hold of me anytime. I’ll be sure he knows the name Colette Moreau. I don’t think I’ll be forgetting it anytime soon,” his attentions lingered a few more moments, half-smiling and half-anticipating another unexpected act.
"Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing."
+ Adrian +

Messages In This Thread
Acquisitions - by Adrian Kane - 03-04-2023, 07:17 PM
RE: Acquisitions - by Colette Moreau - 03-05-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: Acquisitions - by Colette Moreau - 03-06-2023, 02:03 AM
RE: Acquisitions - by Colette Moreau - 03-07-2023, 02:03 AM
RE: Acquisitions - by Adrian Kane - 03-12-2023, 04:24 PM
RE: Acquisitions - by Colette Moreau - 04-03-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: Acquisitions - by Adrian Kane - 04-13-2023, 01:26 AM
RE: Acquisitions - by Colette Moreau - 04-30-2023, 12:24 AM
RE: Acquisitions - by Adrian Kane - 05-22-2023, 11:46 PM