This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crashing
The air between them grew heavy in a way that had nothing to do with the weather. As soon as he asked about parents, the silence that followed might as well have dragged them both down by the ankles. He hadn’t meant to trigger anything, and Seven quietly chastised himself for bringing it up. He didn’t ask a follow up question since Jay seemed eager to move the subject along, but Seven wouldn’t forget the moment anytime. He would be more careful with his conversation in the future.

”That’s exactly right. I’m named after a number,” Seven chuckled. When he adopted the moniker in place of Einar, he hadn’t intended to do so to make people laugh. Yet it seemed to inspire mirth more than anything. While the real reason was out of a dark lesson, he was glad for that small comfort.

“Jason sounds like a wonderful man. So you were raised on a farm, is that right? What a wonderful experience that must have been. I was raised in Stockholm. No farm life for us, but I did have a horse when I was younger. A pleasant mount named Glaðr,” he smiled thinking of the blonde mare all these years later. “It means glad or bright,” he explained.

“But as for our destination, it is not a glad or bright place my friend. But it is rather different, and I am not lying when I say the food is tasty. They might actually have cheeseburgers. I can’t say as I remember exactly. It’s not far now,” he said as they crossed a street. The buildings had grown short by then and the streets narrower. People remained abundant, but they were dressed to go out for the night more than coming home from work.

“It’s an entertainment club of sorts,” he said with a wink.
Seven ✧ Freyr ✧ Daryen

Messages In This Thread
Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 11-07-2022, 01:58 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 11-07-2022, 08:31 PM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 11-13-2022, 12:23 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 11-28-2022, 02:30 AM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 12-10-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 12-30-2022, 06:02 PM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 01-02-2023, 01:47 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 01-03-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 01-04-2023, 02:29 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 01-06-2023, 12:50 AM