This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crashing
He was relieved when Jay’s demeanor softened. Not that he was soft by any means, but what walls went up cracked just enough to let a little light through. Seven bowed his head in gratitude for the company.
“I don’t know if I have ever had a cheeseburger,” Seven pondered. “I was pescatarian for most of my youth, but not for any particular reason other than I just never was brought up on red meat. My mother was very health conscious,” he gestured absently. Just thinking of her bid a slim smile to his lips. He was still close to her, and it was to her and her place in the Network that he owed his present life.

“Are you close to your parents?” he asked casually. Jay seemed quiet even after they departed the hotel, but that was fine. Seven was content to fill the space between them with stories.

He led them down the street. It was going to be a mile or so walk, although he thought that some may consider than farther than right down the street. Seven was accustomed to walking to destinations. Judging by Jay’s stride, he seemed up for the task.

He asked for a name, which Seven likewise had forgotten to offer. Jay’s handshake was firm to crushing. A confident grip that was also oh so American. It made Seven smile and matched the forcefulness.
“Seven,” he said.

Jay’s expression said what his lips hadn’t had yet to process. “Like the number,” Seven added.
Seven ✧ Freyr ✧ Daryen

Messages In This Thread
Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 11-07-2022, 01:58 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 11-07-2022, 08:31 PM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 11-13-2022, 12:23 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 11-28-2022, 02:30 AM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 12-10-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 12-30-2022, 06:02 PM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 01-02-2023, 01:47 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 01-03-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: Crashing - by Jay Carpenter - 01-04-2023, 02:29 AM
RE: Crashing - by Seven - 01-06-2023, 12:50 AM