This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Tell Me Now
Jer was good at his job. He didn't get here with anything but his own wit. Sure a family name had helped. But who were these two to question his authority. The axe came at Jer with untimely speed and Jer just reacted. He was trained in all things Atharim, but his specialty lie in close hand to hand combat and Grym was just with in reach. In one swift motion Jer did two things simultaneously -- he reached for her wrist and used her momentum to tumble her over his back while he pulled out a vial of green liquid and popped the cork from the top.

A drop splashed from the vial as Grym fell away from him. The ground it landed on sizzled and boiled as if it were being eaten by acid. And it was. Jer held the vial up and smiled at the two women who thought they could best an inquisitor of the Atharim. "I'd be careful. This likes flesh more than it likes pavement."

Jer didn't need the new found power. He didn't need a weapon. He carried all the weapon he needed on his body. A gun was useful, but the potions and tinctures of his learned trade were far more effective. "Perhaps if you hadn't joined my quest out of greed to kill gods I could have brought Durante in. He was beginning to trust me. Now, I'm not so sure he will ever trust the Atharim again. He's far more valuable now alive than dead. Allied with the Ascendancy -- a useful tool." The words were nothing but a lie a false sense of his own worth. Durante was dead no matter how Jer looked at it. He controlled monsters. He was one outside of that fact alone -- he wielded the power of the gods. But he was useful. Even if it were to only thwart his own death, Jer would see the traitor burn.

[[ ooc: sorry if it's modded too much I couldn't see away around not dying with an axe coming out of my head, and even channeling would have been a bit of modding to avoid it lol and Jer can't do that yet at least not under durress ]]

Messages In This Thread
Tell Me Now - by Zephyr - 01-17-2022, 02:27 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Jerry - 01-17-2022, 02:31 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Grym - 01-18-2022, 03:00 AM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Jerry - 01-18-2022, 12:43 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Zephyr - 01-18-2022, 12:49 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Grym - 04-17-2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Jerry - 04-17-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Zephyr - 04-18-2022, 01:39 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Grym - 04-23-2022, 01:27 AM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Jerry - 08-29-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: Tell Me Now - by Zephyr - 08-29-2022, 07:12 PM