This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Delivered
The impatience around them did not rally her to move, nor even acknowledge those who waited. The world might burn to ruin in her peripheral, and she would choose to see nothing else. That one word stuck with her like a thread tied around her heart. Natalie let the moment linger, not accepting it as a promise, but letting its soft wings enfold her all the same.

Finally, she offered half a smirk for the banter.

Inside, though, her heart ached as she watched him go.

“You’re lucky I didn’t make a scene,” she said once in the confines of her own car. “Does my mother know you’re here? I imagine I'm in enough trouble without adding fucking absconding to the list.” Her tone drew blood-letting sharp. Emotions burst to anger with only a little provocation; not at her driver, particularly, but his smirking expression was as good a target as any for her roiling frustration. Natalie boxed the emotions away with a grit of her teeth. She did not watch the other cars pull away through the tinted windows.

He shrugged at her through the rearview mirror. “We’re just going on a detour. No one will even know you were missing.”

[[continued here]]

Messages In This Thread
Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 08-04-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: Delivered - by Jensen James - 08-14-2020, 02:16 AM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 08-15-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 08-22-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 08-23-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 09-01-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 09-03-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jensen James - 09-30-2020, 02:22 AM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 10-02-2020, 10:17 PM