This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Delivered
He took her up in his arms despite the sudden surprise. Affection was short lately. Warmth encircled and he lost himself to it until the very last moment. “Anything,” he whispered between her kiss and the parting that split his spirit into pieces.

The space between them was too much. He could still feel the press of her lips. But it was her eyes that held him captive. He stared, afraid to wrench himself away, because that meant it was over. He brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and watched the way his finger trailed down the slope of her neck.

He could feel eyes staring the back of his head, but it was the cough of impatience that made him grumble. “I should go. If I don’t get better socks, I might have to saw off my feet.” His grin was forced, but no less charming.

He didn’t want to watch her leave. He didn’t want to look back. Didn’t want to return. Going back meant that everything that happened was final. Done. Over. Hanging on to even a single thread of the west kept the door to the past open. A door he can’t close.

Somehow, he made into the car without Natalie. The road blurred. Somewhere between the airport and the city center, Jay fell asleep. When he woke, it wasn’t where he expected.
Only darkness shows you the light.

Messages In This Thread
Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 08-04-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: Delivered - by Jensen James - 08-14-2020, 02:16 AM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 08-15-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 08-22-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 08-23-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 09-01-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Delivered - by Natalie Grey - 09-03-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Delivered - by Jensen James - 09-30-2020, 02:22 AM
RE: Delivered - by Jay Carpenter - 10-02-2020, 10:17 PM