This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wanderlust (Olkhon Island | Baikal Lake, Siberia)
Unprepared for the reaction, she nearly walked into him. The ferocity of it took her back for a second, probably because he’d seemed so mournfully lost inside the cabin. Foolish, really, since she’d only been contemplating the broken door moment’s before. His yellow eyes flashed, and she suddenly remembered the drawing of him with teeth like boar’s tusks. Let me?” she repeated, blinking, like the concept was a foreign object. The rest filtered in somewhere, but felt an awful lot like the bars of a cage. She didn’t argue his exterptise, and it was even sensible, but the snap of his voice made her bristle.

She waited it out. Refusing to step back, despite that he stood so damn close she had a long way to look up to meet his eye.

“What makes you think this is a decision you get to make? I don’t need protecting, Tristan. I know what it looks like. I know what I look like, but I don’t need that.” Her temper flared in turn, but mostly it was pure stubborn fire: the sort of reaction of someone who’d lived a long time by their own rules. The sudden tempestuousness hovered light at her senses, though she tried desperately not to let it close. “My swimming’s fine. I nearly died because–” But he wasn’t even listening. It hadn’t been the water. The fuzzy edges of her memory recoiled, but her eyes widened, the epiphany dropped almost as soon as rose because he was yanking the shirt over his head like after that entire tirade about safety he intended to dive in his own skin.

She pressed a finger to his chest, right at the heart of the dream-marks, and it certainly did not feel like he had a wetsuit either. “I won’t be left behind. And you will not tie me to a tree.”
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wanderlust (Olkhon Island | Baikal Lake, Siberia) - by Thalia - 12-20-2021, 01:40 AM