This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wanderlust (Olkhon Island | Baikal Lake, Siberia)
Thalia’s departure wafted scents of satisfaction, relief and anxiety, but they soon dissipated to that of his pack companion’s steady signature scent. Sierra’s steadfastness was broken only once, and Tristan knew the fault was his. Having nearly chased her off once more, he shook his head for fear that he would grow so distracted by the mystery of all this that she would be lost again. In Thalia’s absence, he positioned himself before her and took up her hand in his rough paw.

“I know this makes no sense. There is no knowing but to see. I wish I could describe-” but his voice trailed off as he stared into her eyes. Within the dull brown contacts, he could see the gold of his own in the reflection of her pupils. An idea formed.

He closed his eyes and concentrated on the scent. Never lifted her head, noticing the change, but the image was for Sierra if he could form it.

The scent he tried to transfer was one of frantic fear. A mother wolf growling at a predator coming for her pups. It was a mix of fear and ferocity and fight to the death. Then of a pack coming to the aid of the mother wolf. But it wasn’t the natural cycle of life that they defended, it was against the hunt of men coming for the thrill of blood sport.

“I can’t leave her alone. She is threatened and does not yet know we are allies,” he said softly.
"Don’t waste your time looking back, you’re not going that way."
Rognar Lothbrok
++
Tristan +
Fenrir +
++

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wanderlust (Olkhon Island | Baikal Lake, Siberia) - by Tristan - 11-24-2021, 10:48 PM