This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Where there is ruin... (Ireland)
Aiden growled under his breath as fireballs shot past him, one nearly taking Sage in the shoulder.

If he harms a hair on Sage’s body – even accidentally…! Aiden thought furiously to himself as he cast his fireball aside and let it fizzle out on the strange stone that made up the corridor. He immediately worked a thread of Air just so and tied the Weave off. An invisible wall sprung up before them, set to move forward as they did, and taking the blasts of the countless fireballs Jaxen lobbed at them. Aiden did not release the Power, he needed it to enhance his vision in the dimness of this strange and alien place.

“I don’t like this either, babe,” Aiden breathed out quietly, the raging torrents of the Power coursing through his every being – urging him on, pushing him towards the ever fleeting trickster.

Jaxen stopped ahead and began pounding on the walls. The stone seemed to open up for the man and pulled him in. Aiden cursed to himself. If he had only held on to that fireball, he might have been able to send it forward and stick it to the spot on the – now solid – wall that Jaxen had been pulled into. Without it, they’d have to search for the spot and hope that the wall would open to their touch.

Or I can just use Earth to slice into it… If Earth will work on this stuff… Aiden thought to himself. It looks like stone, but…

“Fuck. FUCK!” Aiden hollered down the corridor. He brought his hands up to his temples and rubbed at them, feeling a tension headache coming on. “You’re right. Of course, you are right. We can’t keep this up. Not if we are going to make it out of here alive. My gut tells me to find the spot on the wall that took him. I can use the Power to force our way through. If we can’t, then we can move on and maybe find a way out without him.”

Aiden didn’t think that Jaxen would put in as much effort to find them, but then again, Jaxen was an asshole.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-07-2020, 10:22 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-12-2020, 10:03 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-31-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 06-18-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 07-08-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 07-20-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 09-02-2020, 10:50 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 09-11-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Aiden Finnegan - 01-04-2021, 01:31 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 01-14-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 04-12-2021, 01:33 PM