This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poseidon's fury
Asha laughed. “El, I can barely imagine living in a house growing up.”

He’d stopped himself, and she noticed, but said nothing to dig at those wounds. She experienced enough of what he felt without pushing him too close to the edge of a cliff. Instead she drifted after him as he sought a glass of water, glancing back at least once for the mess they left behind. It could wait, though.

She leaned on the counter while he spoke, and her large eyes soaked up the image with a smile. He humoured her well enough, but that lingering sadness spoke louder than his words. His greatest love twined so closely with his greatest pain. It shuddered through her quietly, though she did little to betray it. “We’ll go one day,” she said. “When I’m less broke. You can show me your not terrible peninsula.”

She straightened when she felt the warmth in her cheeks. They’d not spoken of what would happen after he had his answers, any more than they had about what it would mean when she finally had enough cash to replace her car. Moscow was the longest she’d stayed rooted since Leh as a child, but when she’d mentioned that he hadn’t seemed concerned about her leaving. Maybe he would not appreciate her inviting herself along on some hypothetical trip.

“I don’t think I can find you an ocean in Moscow, but come on, let’s take a walk before Tony sees what a mess you made of his favourite throw pillow.” Her smile returned and she offered an outstretched hand.

Messages In This Thread
Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 03-20-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 03-20-2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-01-2020, 01:33 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-05-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-16-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-16-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-16-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-17-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-17-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-21-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 06-18-2020, 12:39 PM