This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poseidon's fury
“A puzzle?” Her head tilted to consider it, amused -- mostly by the unbidden notion of her uncle sat stoically at a table, frowning over a jigsaw. The laughter bubbled out of her as she folded the curtain and poised it on the arm of a righted chair, then set about hoisting a table back to its wobbly feet. Feathers from an exploded throw pillow tickled her nose. That had been one of her purchases. Tony didn’t really have an eye for interior.

“I know all of it disappoints you, El. I wish there was something I could do to help.” She swept her hand over the tabletop, scattering feathers everywhere, and made a face at the thin coat of dust left on her palm. Didn’t these boys ever clean anything?

“I taught my uncle how to make gulab jamun once, though I don’t think he much enjoyed the experience. That was probably the other women though.” She smiled a little. The memories of him still stung a little, though she never seemed to mind talking about him. “What did you do to unwind back home? Tell me something that makes you happy.” Her expression was open and hopeful as she perched on a chair, though she wondered if he might struggle to articulate something. Elias was many things, but frivolous was not one of them.

Messages In This Thread
Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 03-20-2020, 01:27 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 03-20-2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-01-2020, 01:33 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-05-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-16-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-16-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-16-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-17-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 04-17-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Ashavari - 04-21-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Poseidon's fury - by Elias Donovan - 06-18-2020, 12:39 PM