This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Firsts among servants (Vatican City) [Closed]
A smile touched Armande's lips. Done was done. It seemed Patricus had accepted his words. It had begun. Father Regus. Not an Atharim term. But an acknowledgement nonetheless. He inclined his head briefly in acceptance.

A touch of energy showed in his cold blue eyes. "There are some carvings at Angkor Wat in Cambodia I need to inspect. Certain...references that have been discovered. The Atharim of old defeated the gods using their own weapons. While in our day, we have access to weapons never imagined, we may need more. The returned gods are unknown quantities. A few caches of Atharim artifacts have been found. Nothing like that. Not yet. Mostly writings. The prophecies I've mentioned. Statuary. Items I suspect may be related to their power. I am hoping this might lead to something more...practical. I will be leaving tomorrow and am unsure when I will return."

He looked at Patricus, getting the measure of the man. He was encouraged. For now, it appeared he had chosen wisely. "I look forward to our fruitful partnership. We are but the tools of God, you and I." That last was for Patricus. Armande was not sure there was a God or whether it deigned to notice mankind. Certainly there was power. And it corrupted. It was not meant for humanity. But an omniscient being who cared? That, he had never resolved- and likely never would.

Another inclination of the head. He would kiss the ring no longer. Still, he could show mutual respect as he left.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firsts among servants (Vatican City) [Closed] - by Armande - 03-17-2020, 04:48 PM