This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Arrows and bombs
“Ascendancy, there’s a call from Quito,” an aide said. Nikolai looked up from his thoughts, curiosity illuminating his expression.
“Ecuador?” he asked. The subsequent nod made him smile.

The smile was gone by the time the image of the speaker rippled to life. Nikolai rested his hands against the edge of the desk, “Secretary General Tasis, if I recall, you once swore to never speak to me again. To what do I owe the honor that you break your own word?” he asked.

The Secretary General was looking worn. The gray that snaked his shoulder-length locks was thicker than years ago. The jab at his pride was deserved, and there was a momentary flicker of embarrassment.
“Ascendancy,” he bowed his head. Nikolai wasn’t sure if this was a gesture of defeat or one of pride. “My behavior the last we spoke was regrettable. I apologize,” he said.

Nikolai blinked. This wasn’t the reaction he expected. Then again, he knew this day would come.

“What can I do for the Union of South American Nations?”

The Secretary General took a breath. He was clearly shaken. “With honor, we are submitting a formal petition for entry to the CCD,” he said.

He knew it.

“I look forward to reading it,” he said. There would be negotiations, of course, but the process was begun.

Messages In This Thread
Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 01-20-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 01-25-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 02-20-2020, 02:22 AM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 03-08-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 03-12-2020, 01:23 AM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 03-15-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: Arrows and bombs - by Ascendancy - 03-19-2020, 01:01 AM