This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unlikely To Like You
It was like the room had gone cold.  Nika stopped chewing as she watched the past play itself out in the other woman’s eyes.  There was a lot of past, apparently.  Note to self, never bring art up again.  Nika’s brows drew together and her face flickered in concern before the other woman brushed everything under the rug.  Hmm.  Maybe that was for the best on a first date though?  She wanted to say something but the only thing that popped in her head was some dumb joke that went something like, ‘there’s no crying on first dates!’  Thankfully the pieces of filter that blow through the white wasteland of her mind all trapped themselves together on a stray line of barbed wire and prevented that catastrophe from leaving her lips.  Jesus.  Nika shrugged.  “I mean, do what makes you happy.  Life is too short not to.”  

Moving on then.  Speculation over what had happened was mercifully stopped before she had time to make a list.  Of course she wouldn’t pry on a first date.  Assuming there was going to be any more after.  God I’m rusty.  Another forkful of lasagne perhaps gave the other woman time to regroup.

Dark eyes snapped upward at the question.  She hadn’t known Liv knew who she was before now.  Her career had been a source of contention in previous relationships.  She’d endured both ends of the spectrum there; used by Katherine and worried to death by Morgan.  Geez.  Nika swallowed and made sure her tone didn’t carry baggage.  Just a question, she doesn’t know you yet.  Yeah?  Yeah.  She dared let an ember of hope exist.  Nika nodded.  “Motorcycles, yeah.”  She raced cars too but that was usually for charity or promotional stuff.  A thoughtful look.  Nika breathed a sigh but not rudely.  “I don’t really think about it.  Mostly it’s a focus thing with a smattering of anxiety thrown in.”  A lopsided smile.  “If the stars align the abject terror is kept at a bare minimum.”  Her laugh was carefree.  “I do love it.”  A glance at her own hand.  Spare the gory details.  I got hit by a guy riding above his talent-level?  No, you sound like a super-cocky asshole.  “Bad day at the office.”  That works.  “What about you? I imagine classes and work have you pretty well booked.  Are you from Moscow or just here for university?”  Nika had long ago given up on figuring out where people were from.

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 07-26-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 07-31-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 08-06-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 08-29-2019, 12:59 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 10-05-2019, 03:50 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 11-28-2019, 05:18 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 01-05-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 04-20-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 04-21-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 04-22-2020, 02:32 AM