This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Life
"I've only met her once or twice and both times she was pretty scary. Granted the second time it wasn't her fault. But if you want I can try to figure out where your friend went." It was his job to find wolfkin after all, and with that thought. "I promise I will only defend myself." He didn't want to kill anyone specifically but he would if he had to. Most of his humanoid kills except Rougs were in self defense. At least those he was in control of the outcome. His father not so much.

Nox grinned at the scars comment. "A few I'm sure you're likely to see at some point." Nox didn't add anything to it, if the communal shower down stairs was all they had then there was a very high probability he'd see a lot more just as a casual passerby. "Though mine are small in comparison to yours and most of them are fairly old." After Aurora learned to heal he'd gotten less until she died that was, now he was sure they'd start piling up again. "Even if he wasn't a wolf kin stepping in to save someone else or stop a friend from doing something stupid is kinda heroic." It wasn't his words, those were his sisters he knew, Nox didn't believe them of himself no matter how many times he told them to himself. And Aurora's words were pale in comparison to his memories of her.

"It was before I did my thing, before my sister too. If my dad knew what I was I wouldn't be standing here. My sister and I would have been dead, and my father and mother right along with us. My father was a faithful zealot, he believed in our teachings fully. And if the word of law was you kill all reborn gods, and their immediate families, that's what he'd do. Even if it meant taking his own.

Raffe knocked on his door frame before Nox could finish answering his question, so Nox looked inside with a casual glance. The plants were the thing that caught his attention most, such a strange thing to have, but it fit the man knocking on the wood to begin with. "Colorful." He meant the plants. Nox didn't travel far before he pushed open a room that was near Raffe, he wasn't overly picky. And it was easier than moving the conversation to another room. "As long as they all have a bed any of them will do."

Though Nox stepped towards the stairs and asked. "Are there any other exits up here, ways up, other than the fire escape?" Nox was ready to position himself in the most convenient place to defend himself and his new friends. Nox pulled the power around him again and made a floating orb so he could take the shadows out of the corners and look for any hiding places. He was a lot paranoid. "If you'd asked me over a month ago, what it was like I'd have told you it was the greatest thing in the world. But that changed when I nearly had my power ripped out of me by a monster who fed on it. But it beats the fevers and chills and the sickness - especially the dying part. I was just thankful we knew what was going on when I saved my sister with a fireball, once you learn to grab the power on your own you are safe from the sickness. I can't imagine all those families lost because of lack of knowledge."

Nox had heard the bit about house rules and he'd have to know them sooner rather than later, he was more likely to break them without knowing and he didn't want to do it on accident. But that was later.

Messages In This Thread
A New Life - by Nox - 03-18-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: A New Life - by Raffe - 03-20-2019, 08:16 AM
RE: A New Life - by Nox - 03-20-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: A New Life - by Raffe - 03-20-2019, 12:48 PM
RE: A New Life - by Nox - 03-20-2019, 01:08 PM
RE: A New Life - by Raffe - 03-20-2019, 07:31 PM
RE: A New Life - by Nox - 03-20-2019, 07:58 PM
RE: A New Life - by Raffe - 03-21-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: A New Life - by Nox - 03-21-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: A New Life - by Raffe - 03-21-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: A New Life - by Nox - 03-21-2019, 06:02 PM