This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Paranoia Abounds
The waitress took Nox's order - coffee black and when she came back with it the interrogation started.

There wasn't much to tell. "The Atharim have always been, since the gods themselves walked the earth."

"You mean like Zeus and Poseidon? Yun interrupted. Nox leveled an annoyed look her direction but nodded.

"Yes. Exactly like. Gods were men who could do extraordinary things. Some humans rose up against the gods and eradicated them. But in their god wars before they created horrible things - monsters and weapons of mass destruction and other unimaginable horrors. After the gods were gone the remaining me waited for the return of the gods and removed from this earth their stain. We fend the human race from all things that go bump in the night. The nightmares, the oni, the dreyken. Things you can only possibly imagine exist, we exist to kill them."

"And kill these so-called gods?"

"That is the theory."

Yun Kao sat and listened and Nox talked. She looked at him like he was crazy, but she listened anyway. An hour long question and answer session on who the Atharim were, how they operated, information on who's who. Not that Nox's information was 100% accurate he didn't have access anymore - traitor and all. And he reminded Ms. Kao of that repeatedly. He also told her continually that he wasn't exactly the best person to ask. He was an American Atharim who had just come to this side of the pond so to speak. But she kept asking information. But she never asked for any of the files, just kept asking questions - for an hour.

The waitress came by and refilled Nox's cup he'd lost track of how many cups of coffee he'd had. "And you are a reborn god?" Yun rolled the term in her mouth like it was foul. And he was pretty sure it was. Any man who claimed to be a god was going to have a power complex and would need to be taken down. Nox wasn't a god. He wasn't anything but a tool to be used. In the hour long discussion he hadn't once thought about his own problems. Focused on what it was to be Atharim and he was telling a stranger. Not that it mattered he was not Atharim anymore - he was nothing.

"I weild the same power that the gods of old did yes. But I'm not a god. Reborn or otherwise."

"Show me."

"While I'm not exactly in hiding anymore, that is not a good idea. Not here."

Messages In This Thread
Paranoia Abounds - by Yun Kao - 01-30-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Nox - 02-01-2019, 05:34 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Yun Kao - 02-03-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Nox - 02-04-2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Liv - 02-05-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Yun Kao - 02-05-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Nox - 02-05-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Liv - 02-05-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: Paranoia Abounds - by Yun Kao - 02-05-2019, 07:17 PM