This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Blinded
Live RP between Ascendancy & Evelyn

Nikolai’s smile was oddly coy. He wasn’t accustomed to this kind of intrigue. While he drew Evelyn through the foyer and into the great room beyond, he found himself genuinely excited. She followed willingly, of course. Questions trailed their heels, but Nikolai needed to explain a few things first.
“This home was originally built by Vladamir Putin when he was President of Russia.”

Evelyn’s sudden tension was understandable.
During his presidency, he lived here and journeyed to Moscow daily by helicopter. Every president since has done the same.” she seemed to relax slightly, and his thumb stroked her palm.

“You lived here also?” She asked, though she obviously knew the answer. He nodded.

“Until about a year ago. The Atharim became more aggressive, and it was thought my safety was compromised staying here. We’ve since learned the Kremlin is not that much more secure.” No morbid smile twisted his lips with joke. He was completely serious.

But she was not understanding.

“I want to return here someday. When the Regus is defeated and the Atharim are our allies. When we sooth the hurts of the world and peace reigns.” He began to see the first stirrings in her eyes…

He cupped her cheeks and soon knelt before her, “Evelyn,” a sparkle caught the light.

Evelyn thought her heart was going to catch in her throat. This wasn’t possible! What was he saying? He sank and those blue jewels of his eyes pulled hers low.
“Will you do me the immense honor and marry me?”

Tears touched her cheeks.

She couldn’t answer despite the ring that was offered. He went on.

“I want us to live here. To make a life together. To have children and entwine our lives forever.”

She couldn’t speak.

Instead, she sank to her knees, faced before him. When he gathered her to his chest, she found the ring on her finger.

It pained her to take it off again.

Nikolai was no boy. He was surprised by his own excitement accompanying the proposal, but there was a flicker of joy stirred in the gut by placing the ring on her hand. Thus, when she leaned away and removed the priceless gem, a stern frown usurped the remaining warmth within.
“Are you declining?”

She shook her head. “Then why?”

“We cannot announce this. Not until we are free to do so.” The diamond cut edges into her palm.

She cupped the ring to her chest, then took the cross necklace from her neck, slipped the ring alongside the charm of her religion.

“I will cherish this until the day we can speak our vows before the world.”

With that, the frost faded from his soul with the thin rays of Evelyn’s sunshine revealed again. “It will be soon. I swear it.”

Their kiss might have melted the harshest of winters.

Messages In This Thread
Blinded - by Ascendancy - 11-08-2018, 02:01 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 11-20-2018, 01:22 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 11-22-2018, 02:02 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 11-27-2018, 02:11 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 01-01-2019, 03:34 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 01-17-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 01-19-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 02-06-2019, 09:23 PM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 02-07-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 02-07-2019, 05:16 PM