This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Blinded
With a flash, the girl from the United States blinked away and a lady of bygone ages appeared. The role was briefly played, but Evelyn’s regal countenance was apparent. A sweetness soon replaced the act, brief as it was. For a moment, Nikolai wondered which was the façade and which was the authentic woman hiding behind.

Regardless, a sweetness floated to the surface that first grasped his attention. Evelyn was on one hand equally innocent and incorruptible as she was shrewd and smart. He stepped further within as the power drained aside. A pleasant company took its place.

“Did we say goodbye?” The question was rhetorical, of course, as a flame lit his pulse. Before he knew it, his steps ushered him near and her hands were curled in his. More seconds passed than Nik realized before mindfulness pricked the bubble of the moment.

“Your plane is scheduled to depart, but trust me, it will not leave without you. Unless I decide to kidnap you and keep you for myself.” Humor was foreign for Nik, but somehow the idea seemed fitting as her hand curled tighter in his. She did not seem averse to the idea.

“There’s something I want to show you before you leave. I promise you’ll make your flight on time.”

Their hands released by the time they returned to the public halls of the Kremlin. Yet he hovered near her shoulder the entire time he led the way. The Kremlin was their palace, his fortress, but the exterior grounds might as well be Evelyn’s gardens. Even in winter, they were immaculately kept. A helicopter was warming up as they arrived. Nik wondered whether the young Representative ever rode in one, and he led her fearlessly forward.

Messages In This Thread
Blinded - by Ascendancy - 11-08-2018, 02:01 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 11-20-2018, 01:22 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 11-22-2018, 02:02 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 11-27-2018, 02:11 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 01-01-2019, 03:34 AM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 01-17-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 01-19-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: Blinded - by Evelyn - 02-06-2019, 09:23 PM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 02-07-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Blinded - by Ascendancy - 02-07-2019, 05:16 PM