This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Walking A New Path
Nox wasn't sure if he should be offended by the comment or not. He knew he wasn't a big dumb jock. He knew he wasn't big, but he could beat anyone in a fight but he'd have to cheat. It really was a rough not using your power to do those things when you knew he could. But with Nox's current insecurity what had been an innocent enough comment played with his head more than it should.

And all Ivan really did was confirm that he just knew destruction. Nox really couldn't say much more either. He was a living weapons. If Ivan wanted finesse he wasn't really looking in the right place. Nox was just a weapon. But if thought about it recently he'd been doing the opposite of that. He'd helped invent a weave that blocked a user from the source of their power. It had been one thing to be in a foggy state of mind and not being able to touch the source, but then to be clear of mind, though rattled that had been something else. Cruz and Aurora were teaching him finesse - even though he hadn't really understood. The directional flash bang had been all him. Aurora and Cruz's science but it had been all him. The trip wires him... Nox sighed inwardly. Maybe he was more than just a weapon sometimes...

"Everything I know, everything I do is based on the science of it. It's the only way I know how to do the complicated things. It might be wrong, I could be looking at it wrong, but that's how Aurora and I figured this all out." Nox frowned at the mention of his sister. He missed her too much, and life was only making that worse.

Nox seized the power inside and felt the sting of the memories. The ijiraq pulling him to the edge and over even though Nox was barely grabbing the power. He closed his eyes briefly before he glanced around and then held his hands over the table. To make it rain, you need heat, water, and particles. Science right?" Nox formed a small globe of air and heated it with water and earth mixed inside. It wasn't beautiful, but inside the globe it rained.

Nox let it go and the pooling water spilled over the table edges to the ground. The power ripped through his body and Nox adjusted in his seat as he held a finger over the chess board at A2 and started forming a solid piece of rock. "So what piece goes here? A pawn right?" Nox added heat and air and shaped the rock he'd formed of pure earth into the piece you expected. It wasn't perfect, there were jagged edges but Nox used the power to melt and shape the rock to form the well known sacrificial pawn piece. "It's all experimental for me, Ivan." Nox looked up to meet the cops eyes. "It doesn't always go right. Aurora patched me too many times to count. I can show you what I know, but really you have to see beyond the obvious and look for those hidden things. Like how did Jensen James ever figure out how to heal with his gift? No one taught him. He just knew. Figured it out."

Nox started on a second pawn in front of him. Now that he had some idea of what he needed to do it was quicker work. He did it a little slower for Ivan. "Sure it can have deadly effects, but it can be used for simple things too."

Messages In This Thread
Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-06-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-12-2018, 09:24 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-13-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-15-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-15-2018, 06:57 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-16-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-16-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-17-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-21-2018, 01:46 AM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-23-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Walking A New Path - by Nox - 11-24-2018, 01:20 AM