This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Understandings
Jacques entered a moment after she had spoken, stepping in and shutting the door behind himself. He spent a moment to study Natalie and Ekene; he had seen both already by way of the recordings of the pair's rescue, or the highlights of it anyway. The boy had been earnest in his defense of Natalie, just mistaken. There would be repercussions of course, but more akin to a child that had made a mistake, not some form of corporal punishment.

"Good morning, Mademoiselle Grey. Ekene. I am Jacques Danjou, the CEO of Légion Première."
He gestured to the room's only easily moved chair, and at Natalie's permission made use of it, moving it so he could sit opposite the pair.

"I can see why the young man there fought so hard to protect you, and why Legionnaire Carpenter is so taken with you."
He smiled warmly; there was no tease meant to the statement. Ekene had been trying to protect her, and poor Vanders had set his hopes incredibly high. But he was American; they were like that sometimes.

He looked to Ekene for a moment, as if sizing the boy up, "You my boy. How do you feel about what is happening out there? Be honest with yourself most of all. I have no room in the Legion for liars."

"And as for you, Mademoiselle Grey. I believe we both understand that your mother expects you seen out of Africa by now. But I am not about to have my men bundle you in a sack and toss you on a plane against your will. Not when there is so much work to do here. So. I am assigning Legionnaire Carpenter as liaison with the Red Cross in Sierra Leone. I am strongly encouraging that you be the leading voice of your organization here."
By strong encouraging, he meant demanding of course. He would help pull strings to see it done, although he doubted her mother would be terribly enthused with the idea. But she was going to be one of the most well protected people in the country in short order.

"So what must I do to assure your cooperation? And understand that I may not entertain all your demands."

Edited by Jacques, Aug 24 2014, 10:02 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-23-2014, 12:28 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-23-2014, 11:08 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 08-31-2014, 02:39 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-07-2014, 06:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 09-09-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 09-17-2014, 06:39 AM