This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Don't Be Afraid
Jared caught the subtle movement of the lip - a slight smile - on Ekene. It brought a smile to his face as Ekene said, "That's not even."
Jared was getting through to Ekene.

Jared looked back down at the snack quizzically and chuckled a little. "You're right - yours is bigger than mine. I can't believe I did that."
He broke a little bit more off of the larger piece, making them even, albeit one of them was in two parts. He handed the solid piece to Ekene. "That's better."

They sat eating the snack for awhile. Jared kept silent for awhile. He hoped the young boy was understanding what he was saying but he had his doubts. He needed to find a way to explain it better, but wasn't really sure how. He needed to think, but still wanted the boy to be comfortable. He knew if he had grown up in Ekene's situation, he'd have major trust issues.

"This place is nice isn't it? It's quiet - a good place to be alone for a bit. You know hardly anyone comes down here. I was glad you came down today, Ekene."

As he thought about it, he realized that treating Ekene like an adult would help. He could just ask him if he understood what he was trying to say. "I've said a lot of things to you today, Ekene. Are you understanding, or is it confusing? I can tell you're upset, and I'd like to help you if I can."
Jared gave Ekene an encouraging smile to go with it. So far things had been going really well. Jared hoped he could keep it up.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-07-2014, 06:04 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-14-2014, 12:23 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-14-2014, 03:50 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-15-2014, 07:42 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-15-2014, 10:23 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-18-2014, 03:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 09-18-2014, 11:33 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-24-2014, 05:10 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 09-24-2014, 05:11 AM