This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Puzzle
The time after Thomas had left, Emily had spent planning for the expansion, but she had been working on personal growth as well. Andrew had seen it and commented on it. He said she was beginning to "harden." The term made Emily nervous, but when Andrew explained that it just meant that she was just beginning to use her brain to make her decisions more than her emotions, she relaxed.

She was also working on her issue with men. She wanted a family, and that would never come if she was afraid of men. She had promised Ayden she would try and so try she did. It started with her friend Ryan. They had grown up together and were almost like brother and sister. Ryan was one of her best friends and she felt safe around him. She knew he wouldn't try anything because of their history and Ryan wasn't interested in women.

With the Gala in Moscow starting to get planned, Emily had what she needed. She called up Ryan and explained her situation and aid she wanted his help. She figured that dancing lessons and practice would help her prepare for the Gala as well as help her with her fear of being touched by men. Ryan agreed and that night she went to Ryan's house to start.

When she entered, Ryan greeted her and asked, "Are you sure about this?"

Emily nodded and they started right away. Emily tensed as they started to dance. "Relax, you're okay." Ryan tried to comfort her, but it didn't work. The memories were still strong.

Emily didn't stop though. She kept facing the fear and even began crying. After the first song they took a break and Ryan got Emily a glass of water and offered her encouragement. He then asked if she wanted to continue. She nodded.

They did that every day, but soon results began to appear. Emily began to realize she could handle this. Last night she had even had a lot of fun at their lesson. That was when Ryan recommended going to a club. It was one thing to dance with your best friend and another to do so with a stranger. He promised to go with and watch her back.

Emily didn't want to go to a club in Chicago, so they drove to Champaign for the weekend. The club was well populated and Emily smiled. She and Ryan got a drink and just hung out for awhile. They kept their distance though, so that men would come and talk to her and it didn't take long for someone to ask her to dance. So Emily did. The memories came again, but Emily faced them like she had practice and soon enough they were gone. Emily smiled as she danced and was happy to be enjoying herself.

As they finished, Emily felt her wallet buzz. It was Thomas calling. She excused herself and left the club to take the call.

"Hello."

"Miss Shale, I have found Mr. Durante, but the problem is he found me too."

"Excuse me!"
Emily said exasperated. "You mean he knows you're looking for him now. I expected better from you Mr. Romero."

Emily was professional, but her tone suggested deep disappointment. Thomas must not have expected that tone because he remained silent for a few moments. "I underestimated him, Miss Shale. I can fix this though."

"You better. I expect a better report the next time you call."

"Yes, Miss Shale."

She hung up and was interrupted by a voice behind her. "Hi Emily."
Emily closed her eyes and her hands turned into fists from frustration. This had been a pleasant night.

She turned around and saw Bryce standing there. "As I recall I have a restraining order against you. Go away Bryce."

Bryce frowned - the nerve. "Please I just want to talk."

"That time is past. I forgive you for what you did - it's more than you deserve - but I still never want to see you again. Go away before I call the police."

"Please..."
Bryce grabbed her arm and at the same time, Emily noticed Ryan coming out of the club. When Ryan saw what was happening he started to run towards them. The sight of her friend gave her courage.

Emily used the fist that had formed to punch Bryce in the nose. It must have been hard because he let go of her and fell to the ground, clutching at his nose. Emily thought she saw blood. She was angry though. The pain she had felt had turned to anger at seeing him and she released it by kicking him in the side. "Stay the hell away from me!"

Ryan had stopped when she hit him and he was grinning. "That felt good."

He smiled at her. "That was awesome." The pair laughed and reentered the club. They spent the rest of the night just talking and drinking.

Emily was in cheerful spirits again as she pulled out her wallet. She had told Ayden what she was doing and just had to send her a message about tonight.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Outgoing Message</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
To: Ayden Hayes

I ran into my ex at a club tonight. I punched him in the face. It felt good. I think my time of being afraid has passed. [Image: 1.png]

Edited by Emily Shale, Mar 2 2015, 11:04 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 01-31-2015, 02:13 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 02-25-2015, 03:30 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 03-02-2015, 11:28 AM