This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Ascent of Liberty
Gwendolyn watched the C-SPAN feed with detached interest and jotted down notes as her Lens Warrior fed her bullet points from Secretary Trano's speech. It was solid, definitely plenty of policy to dig into and expound. Gwen would have her hands full just getting reactions from the different parties. He seemed to have thought out the things his department would have to accomplish if there weren't too many specifics, enough for her to find something to with when they finally got an interview. Should I prop him up or topple him?
He was a power user himself. That could help him or hurt him. Decisions, decisions...

But then, surprisingly, Secretary Trano yielded to freshman Congresswoman Evelyn Avalon. The adorable vlogger turned Representative was already a household name before she was elected to Congress, and was expected to be reelected this year by a wide margin. You go, girl.
Certainly a rising star in the Democrat Party. But why would she be addressing a joint session of Congress? Certainly no few senior members would be offended at having to sit through.

And then her purpose was made clear. Almost as soon as Avalon said it, Gwen's producer signaled that Gwen was Go to break in:

"Breaking news,"
Gwen said, her voice breaking in over the picture of Avalon speaking "Congresswoman Evelyn Avalon calls power wielders Channelers, and says she is one of them! I repeat, Avalon has just announced 'I am a channeler.' As we know, the Freshman congresswoman has been a rising star in the Democrat Party, she's very popular and well liked, and she's come out and is making a stunning and brave plea for the civil rights of channelers like her. Let's return to her."

As the feed cut Gwen's mike and the audio from the House chamber returned, Gwen motioned to her producer to clean up the C-SPAN feed so that Avalon was brought in close up, and her proud, strikingly beautiful face and strong words filled the video screens of watchers around the world.

Gwen motioned to her assistant and flashed a smile. "Get me the. First. Exclusive. Interview with her. I don't care if I have to let her fuck me for it."
Stacy nodded. She probably wouldn't take Gwen literally. Probably not. Evelyn Avalon wouldn't deny America's Media Darling this opportunity. Not if she was smart. Anyone else wanted to talk to Gwen? They could come to her.

That's our narrative. That's our face.
Gwendolyn could see it now. There would be people coming out all over the place, and Avalon would be their mouthpiece. America would deny nothing to a strong, independent -- but most importantly pretty -- young woman. Gwen would make sure of that. She was going to make Evelyn Avalon the American poster girl for channelers in every household in America.

The gears started turning in Gwen's mind. Time to start digging. First off, she needed to find out instances of possible persecution, discrimination or prejudice against channelers. Down to stubbed toes and dirty looks. This was going to be huge. Next, she needed everything Avalon that she could find. People would want to know, and after all, if things didn't go well and Avalon didn't want to play ball, Gwendolyn could always destroy what she created. Eat your heart out, Katie Couric...

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Gwendolyn Petersen - 08-30-2016, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-30-2016, 08:46 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-30-2016, 09:06 PM
[No subject] - by Gwendolyn Petersen - 08-30-2016, 10:19 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM